“Good food, ruined by awful staff. Don't bother.”
Review of La Tata'Tine

La Tata'Tine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the area for three weeks, and discovered this pretty idyllic chalet style mountain cafe at the base of the gondola part way through our stay. We ate pleasant food there the first time, although served by abrupt staff who huffed at me when I asked her what the Plat Du Jour was. She didn't know and had to go and find out inside (it was 1.30pm and not early lunchtime). But tasty homemade frites and a lovely Caesar salad tempted us back again the very next day.

However the staff member we ended up with the second time was beyond rude. I took a table inside this time as my son had got cold skiing. With five empty tables I sat down waiting for my husband and children to join me a few minutes later. Once seated the waitress came and sharply asked who had said we could sit there. Apparently we were supposed to have waited to be seated (unlike the first visit) and there was a queue and people ahead of us. Yet when I arrived there was neither a queue or a sign advising me that this was the case.

I offered to go (admittedly fuelled by her attitude, but polite nevertheless) but she said it was ok and literally threw some menus on the table. My husband was aghast as she then spent the next ten minutes or so obviously ignoring us, serving others out of order ahead of us, and certainly trying to make a point. I was more than happy to leave right then but he stopped her and asked what was going on, what she was doing. We had been polite. Apologetic. Yet she was treating us like scum. When challenged in this way she rudely said "I don't have time for this" which understandably didn't go down too well. A scene was caused in front of our children and other families which was completely unnecessary and highly unprofessional. Needless to say we left immediately and did NOT return. I would not recommend this restaurant in any way, especially as poor staff seems to be a theme in recent reviews.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Had the best burger ever here! A perfectly cooked burger with local mushrooms and of course beaufort cheese, accompanied by home-made French fries in their skin. Christine, the owner, is a sweetheart and will do everything to make her customers happy.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We had a great burger and the homemade fries were perfect. We also had an even better desert. Its a pity they didn't deserve all the beers on their menu though.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

My only regret is we didn't discover this place until the last day we were skiing.

The food was superb, service was excellent, and the ambience very laid back.

The menu was varied, and the "daily special" really was special!

Great value for money in a cosy restaurant serving excellent food. What more could you want?

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Beat value in Val Cenis for good food.
Need to book as very popular.
Try the white beer it's very good.
Meal for 2 cost 52 Euro with drinks.