The Sands at Grace Bay
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 567
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 672
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 360
US$ 314
Le Vele Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 578
US$ 562
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,181
US$ 706
US$ 1,068
US$ 963
The Regent Grand(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,485
US$ 1,166
Beach House Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 886
The Tuscany(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,068
US$ 918
Hotwire.com
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,002
1,992 results
All reviewsocean viewhemingways restaurantgrace bayscreened in porchgrocery storefull kitchenwasher and dryerrum punchan umbrellasands resorthobie catsother resortspaddle boardsbeautiful beachon site restaurantcoral gardensrented a car
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We took a family vacation to the Sands. The beach was VERY impressive. The grounds were VERY well kept. Our room was very nice, and room service was also excellent. The ONLY thing that we found to be a little "tacky" was, there were tables set up near to the pool, and the items being sold seemed to be gift shop items. At a resort like this, one would think a gift shop may be in order, not locals "hawking" junk from card tables. This is the ONLY issue.
ALL employees were VERY nice. The restaurant food was pretty good. I would HIGHLY recommend The Sands, and as a matter of fact, I already have. I live at a resort in New Jersey and have visited MANY resorts, this ranks right up there with the best. (mainly due to the location)
We had a two bedroom suite. I would HIGHLY recommend these accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank IndianCycles
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed in a 1-BDRM Suite which was nice and clean; could use updating, but enjoyed it. However Hotel tried to bill for an extra night and you need to review your bill. People are friendly; staff was friendly but typical island slow. Expensive, but beach is terrific. Some bugs after 4 so take bug spray. Patio was screened in so you could enjoy without bugs. Landscaping was very pretty. Would stay there again as it was very relaxing. You can walk for miles on the beach and it is easy walking; plus ocean is warm and great to swim in. Beautiful sunsets.

Room Tip: Lower rooms have a screened patio to the walkway to restaurant and beach; however 2 & 3 floors are better views to the ocean and gardens. Corner rooms might be the best
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay for 5 enjoyable, relaxing days. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a view of the ocean and it was breathtaking. The hotel staff mistakenly put us in the wrong room originally and made up for it by providing us with a complementary bottle of wine. The Manager had a pool side gathering on Tuesday, with appetizers, rum punch, etc. The beach was clean, water was beautiful and staff were very accommodating in providing towels, chairs, etc. The Sands at Grace Bay in definitely on my list for a return visit.

Room Tip: The rooms in building 3 provide excellent access to the Hemmingway Restaurant and the beach. The second floor 1 bedroom ocean view suite was fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Paradise369
Lidra B, Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Mr. Paradise369,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed our Tuesday cocktail party. It is such a nice way to meet the managers/staff and other guests, many of which we've built long lasting relationships with.

We hope to welcome you back to The Sands in the near future.

Sunny regards,
Lidra Barranco

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Our group of four moms and four daughters stayed here after high school graduation. It was a perfect spot for our needs. The property is a bit dated, but they are in the midst of re-doing the condos. As another reviewer said, the beauty of The Sands is its beach...it is a really nice size and quiet; we walked down the beach and compared it to other resorts (especially Beaches - ugh) and were so happy to be at The Sands. Everything is also free - the beach setups, floats, noodles, boards, towels, etc. The pools have plenty of chairs as well. It is nice to have Hemingway's close by - they provide drink service on the beach also. The hotel has plenty of free bikes as well - can't stress the importance of going to the grocery for breakfast/lunch food. It is more expensive than the States, but the gourmet grocery is a great place to go with a great selection. There is also a french bakery near the Hertz rental store. We also went to Da Conch Shack twice - a do NOT miss (especially with live music). Coco Bistro was great, as were Bay Bistro and Bella Luna. The one recommendation I have is to take BUG SPRAY. I didn't understand why all the porches were fully screened until the first night...you are happy it isn't an open porch. I also recommend the activities booth at Sands - Reef Peepers??? We did both a half day snorkeling and a sunset cruise. Both were around $85 each and the crews of both were fantastic! Well worth the money!
I can't say enough about the beach here...we've been to both Bora Bora and the Great Barrier Reef....this is the most beautiful water I have ever seen - anywhere. I'm already planning our next trip back!
I would definitely recommend The Sands for a large group, a family, or someone who wants a low-key vacation...it is more like a Florida condo than a deluxe hotel. I probably wouldn't stay there if it was just my husband and myself BUT I would definitely stay there again with a group....LOVED IT! It was great to have a kitchen/full size refrigerator/laundry.
As an aside...the airport departure is awful...four airlines, one room. We were also leaving as the virus was breaking and more than one person was sick in the awful, awful, long security line (did I say hot and awful?)!!! The "VIP lounge" is upstairs and outside...it has a plastic roof covering, bar and island music. Much better than waiting in the room downstairs!

Room Tip: The buildings behind Hemingway's do have a view of the building along with the beach! The buildings on the other side of the pool are probably better as the property next door hasn't been developed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank beachgirl8
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed at Sands from 5/31 - 6/4, 2012 in a 2 bedroom ocean view suite. The ocean view required a telescope, but it's hard to really complain about anything in T&C. Room was very spacious, comfortable, and accommodating to our needs. Room service was a bit delayed though - with our daily service not happening until later in the afternoon (at which point turn down service would've been more appropriate). That delay I found to be frustrating as returning to my room after a walk to town around 1pm led to me walking into rooms with beds still not made, sand still on the floor from my beach walk in the morning. Other than that, service was fine - not over friendly but I didn't mind as I don't go on vacation to hang out in the hotel lobby.

The beach is what makes the Sands stand out from the rest. Since there are no other resorts on either side of Sands, the beach feels very private and is extremely quiet. All the other hotels on Grace Bay are on top of each other so it seems very crowded. I'm not sure when/if development next to the Sands will happen, so take advantage of this now! The hotel was nicely located within walking distance to the town to do some shopping. A little bit of a walk to the Grace Bay Gourmet Market, but there's a hotel shuttle for that. We rented a car and found it to be unnecessary, as we were too enticed by the beach and pool to really explore the island.

Hemingway's is good for dinner, lunch is so-so and I found the staff to be less than attentive for lunch. If anyone spots Jojo the dolphin while you're there for lunch, then expect to wait awhile for anyone to take your order or bring you your food. "Island time" takes on a new meaning in some T&K spots ...

Bella Luna & Bay Bistro (just a walk on the beach) were both excellent for dinner. Coco Bistro - which requires a car or cab ride - was good as well for dinner. Due to an outbreak of a virus, Grace Bay was closed during our visit so we were unable to check out their infinity pool. Luckily nothing was affected in our neck of the beach and we hadn't heard about it until we pulled into Grace Bay's parking lot.

Lemon To Go Cafe which is the first spot you hit on your walk to town makes excellent iced coffee and tea. Highly recommend. They share the space with a florist which is nice to smell and to see all the beautiful tropical arrangements. Anna's Art Gallery has great jewelry pieces and paintings - all locally designed/painted. Brought several pieces in there and will treasure them forever. Very nicely made. A bit pricey, but anything to bring me back to T&C I don't mind the price! Sail Provo also had some great souvenirs as did Fottac at the Regent Village Shops.

Room Tip: Building 1 is quiet and removed from the noise of the pool areas. The ocean view rooms though aren't exactly ocean view. There's more grass and parking to look at than ocean unfortunately.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family