Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 682
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 697
US$ 672
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,412
US$ 851
Beach House Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,033
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 678
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$ 503
US$ 445
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$ 281
US$ 211
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$ 342
US$ 307
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$ 353
US$ 275
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$ 1,120
US$ 747
6,346 results
All reviewscircus teamchief of the villagecrazy signsthe white chocolate breadland sportsaqua gymmain barevening showsmusic factorymike clarkewater aerobicsflying trapezesummer camp for adultsbig dtennis lessonsdifferent themewhite night
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from a fun-filled week at Club Med (CM) Turkoise, one of the few Club Med resorts that still caters to adults (and we like it that way)! This was my second trip to this Village and I like the beach at this resort because it feels very much like a private endless beach. This club is not a luxury resort, so expect a summer camp for adults, and you will enjoy the experience.
ACTIVITIES. The days are full of planned activities for the guests, but if you choose to do nothing at all – that is fine too. The activities for the week are listed on the board at the Village Square or you can pick up the sheet of activities for the day at the reception. Most of the sports activities are led by GOs (gracious organizers who are different from the local service staff. The GOs are specialized in various duties, lead and participate in activities, provide instructions, and are there to protect your safety. The GOs also provide the nightly entertainment in the Village Theater.) We snorkeled every day and the marine life at Grace Bay is simply beautiful and colorful. Our favorite GO, Emmanuel (you can call him Manny, but don’t call him Manu), the Chef de Snorkeling was professional, nice and funny. He also looked good in his blonde wig and short plaid skirt (when he lip-singed to a Brittney Spears song during one of the nightly entertainment skits). Our other favorite GO, Hugo of the scuba diving team, who also helped with snorkeling excursions, is very kind and has the patience of a saint. Hugo taught my husband and me how to use the scuba equipment in the pool and then my husband went on two dives with another GO (Sorry we can’t remember his name). Suggestion to improve: Bring back water skiing. The only activity that I miss at this resort is water-skiing!
Other GOs I remember fondly are Loges, the Malaysian doll at the main bar, who remembered our favorite drinks; LA LA with her beautiful voice who also led the ZUMBA classes, Bryce with his good voice, who was one of the two GOs who skipped to Wham’s “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.” The trapeze GO team put on two shows during the week, the Tuesday night circus show was with the Village guests who learned the moves during the previous week. The second show, I think Friday night, was very professionally done by the GOs, Naty, Travis, Tal and the Chef de Trapeze from Jamaica (can’t remember his name) in the theater. Last, but not least, we have to thank Vincent, the Chef de Village and his side-kick, Khassim, who always smiled, were eager to provide good guest service, took care of everything and were very approachable. We were joking with other guests that Vincent must have duplicates because he is everywhere and overseeing everything.
ACCOMMODATIONS. Think basic. The Turkoise CM Village buildings were built in mid 1980s and are not luxurious. Our room was clean, towels were changed daily and we had a mini-fridge in our room with plenty of water bottles and sodas. The air conditioner worked perfectly. When the electricity went out on our last day, the Village’s auxiliary power started in a few minutes, while at the airport we heard some people on the island didn’t have power for three hours that morning. The room has a TV, telephone, hair dryer, shampoo, soap, an iron and ironing board. Suggestion to improve: Need some form of a towel rack with multiple bars since it is not easy to dry wet clothes.
FOOD. Don’t expect 5-star, but you will not go hungry. The food at Grace Bay main restaurant is buffet style. My husband and I are pescatarians, and daily they served one kind of fish plus canned tuna. They offered theme dinners at nights, and they had a seafood night with many options. The meal choices are plenty as they serve different types of meats, chicken, salads, vegetables, tofu, beans, cheeses, and fruits. Even if you don’t want to try the variety of breads and deserts, make sure you take a bite of the white chocolate bread. Yum, it is Sooooo good! At the main restaurant you will sit at tables of 8-10, but you can sit on the outside deck, with smaller tables too. If the main restaurant is closed, you can get a salad, burger, cookies or fruit at Sharkies, the bar on the beach. Before dinner, there is an appetizer table by the pool at the Village Square. The private restaurant by the beach is open only a few days per week. We tried it one night, and the four course meal was served to us.
OTHER GUESTS. We were there during the July 4th week and the village was not full to capacity. The guests (gracious members or GMs) varied in age from their 20s to 80s, with the average GM being in their 40s. Most GMs we met spoke English and we met a lot of nice people from the U.S. and Canada. Some of the guests told us they come back to this village year after year. A few guests had ventured to other newer Club Med Villages, but returned to the private charm of CM Turkoise.
We truly enjoyed our vacation at Club Med Turkoise and look forward to returning soon to “have fun AAAAALLL Weeeek loooooooong!”

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe room option, leave good tip for housekeeping for extra attention.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank aldosr4
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear aldosr4,
Thank your for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed most of the aspects of your vacation. We apologize for the inconvenience and are sincerely sorry that the electricity was not working on your last day. Our staff is working quickly to correct this problem. Again, thank your for your review.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have been visiting Club Med Turks along with my group since 1992. I know what to expect the following is a quick view of my stay. Snorkel boat was very good and high marks go out to Manny and Jake for making our snorkel experience a great one. This was twice a day every day and Manny went above and beyond to make our experience a good one. I would like to thank Manny too for always providing excellent equipment for me. Now for some low points. I faxed down a request for building B or C for my stay due to knee issues. I wanted to be near the scuba dock. There was no record of this and I was placed in E building. Of course this was after no one picked my up at the airport. There is NO AIRCONDITIONING IN THE MAIN RESTAURANT. This really sucks at dinner time. This has been out for three months and there is no explanation upon arrival or during our stay. This is sad since our group is over twenty strong and we come from all over the world from as far away as China and can not enjoy our dinner. Food was on fair at best the variety and offering have been drasticallly cut back on. NO ICE MACINES in the village. You still have to get you ice at the main bar or Sharkys and hall it back to your room. High marks for the grounds which are still beautiful and well kept. The beach is still the most beautiful I have ever been on along with an amazing trade wind. There are alot of rumors major remodeling coming in May with possible closure and change over to family theme. I pray what ever Club Med does they keep the resort an adult village. So thats the way it was for my 2012 vacation at Turks. My group will be back in 2013 as long as it remains an adult village. I confess we are hooked on Club Med Turks.

Room Tip: Well the fax ahead time did not work.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear BlackHawkDown000,
Thank you for your review of your vacation at Club Med Turkoise. Also, thank you for being a loyal Club Med patron. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our snorkeling, property, and beach. However, we are extremely sorry that some aspects of your stay were not satisfactory. We try our best to accommodate all of our guests at each of our resorts, and we're very sorry that you were not accommodated for your knees. We are looking into the rest of your comments immediately. Thank you again for your feedback and for continuing to be a Club Med patron.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Even after reading such bad reviews, my hubby,best friend and I went anyway! The resort is simply FABULOUS! ADULTS ONLY! Yes it may need just a little renovating but G.O's( resort employees)- Kelsey,Mckenzie,Tal,Eric,Tito(bartender), Hugo and all Trapeze team just to name a few out of so many . G.M.(resort manager)- VINCENT! All were wonderful,helpful,attentive and VERY HARD WORKING!!
Thank You everyone. Housekeeping,chefs,waitstaff-MARVELOUS! Food was great,Drinks awesome,Snacks very good! Water sports FUN! Rooms clean! We had great luck with WiFi signal (small fee)! Parties every night. Theme nights daily! CASINO CASABLANCA within walking distance- 10 minutes( OR HAVE RECEPTION CALL THE CASINO FOR A FREE SHUTTLE PICK-UP FREE), Small SALT MILLS Mall- 20 minutes walk( GRAB a honking jitney cab- $2.00 bucks per person) . Feel free to email me to ask questions. Bring BUG spray! We stayed in Bldg E. It was near everything. ENJOY.. Helga-Jesus-Carmen 6/30-7-7-2012

Room Tip: Building E- is near Sharkies Outside Bar and closest to Beach and Trapeze.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear HELGA428,
Thank you for your review of Club Med Turkoise. We love to hear that our guests have a great experience staying with us! It sounds like you had a fantastic time and really enjoyed our trapeze, nightly entertainment, and dining. We also love to hear that our team members really added to the quality of your experience. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was our first ClubMed without the kids, it was very relaxing and overall a great vacation. It's basically a fun camp for adults. Compared to Cancun, Ixtapa and Sandpiper, the hotel itself is badly in need of complete renovation. If you are looking for nice amenities, this place is not for you. But if you are looking to get away from mundane, relax on an amazing beach, have zero responsibilities during the day and be entertained, meet people and have fun dancing at night (and don't plan to spend too much time in the room), then go for it.
Room: We paid extra for the delux room in building A and the amount of space was comfortable for two. Plenty of storage, even in the bathroom -- that was a first. The bed was quite hard and uncomfortable, we folded up the bed coverlet and an extra blanket and put those under the sheets for added cushion. The a/c is barely adequate, gets warm at night especially (all you need is a sheet to sleep under, put the blanket on the mattress). TV is tiny, but decent channels. There is WiFi in building A (don't know about the other) and around the bar area, although do expect to put in the code several times to log in and re-login periodically. There were tiny ants in the room, so keep food out.
Food: even when you can find nothing else -- there is the chocolate chip bread! However, I thought the food is perfectly fine, but not as good as other club meds. We are "fisheterians", so can't speak about the meat or chicken dishes, but there was grilled fish at every meal and vegetable and pasta options. The Italian night and the Fusion night we thought were the best in terms of selection and quality. The desserts were good, not great for the most part.
When we were there the week of July 4th the A/C in the dining room was not working, but was supposed to be fixed the following week (this is island time, so anything goes). The dining room gets very hot and stuffy, best bet is to sit directly under a fan. There is a nice outdoor area, but it is only partially shaded so we avoided it during the day. In the evening, however it is very nice to dine alfresco.
The sit-down restaurant was good, you need to make reservations the night before. Definitely recommended.
Bar: Perfectly good and included in the price (not top-shelf). The bartenders are friendly and will mix a yummy slushie or cocktail. Thanks Andi, Hugo, Arnie, Titto and Manaf.
Tennis: though it's bloody hot, we still played twice a day most days. Get to the 8:30am clinic (thanks Germain for the good tips), play until 10:30 then dunk right in the ocean to cool off. Go back not before 5pm, just too hot otherwise. Three courts have a cushiony surface that is slightly run-down but totally playable once you get used to the different bounce. The rest are cracked cement -- run carefully.
Snorkling: amazing
Beach: truly amazing, soft sand wading into clear turquoise water. There are basic plastic lounges and shade umbrellas.
Entertainment: it's a ClubMed, but without the kids censor -- so fun. The best shows are the Music Factory (don't miss it) and the Circus show. The crazy signs are aplenty. The best dance nights were the Beach party and the White party (not to say others were bad, these just stood out). Of course the July 4th celebration was super. Thanks Kelsey!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ana K

Dear Ana K,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Club Med Turkoise. We are pleased to hear that you loved our activities, entertainment, and beach, but we regret that some of aspects of your trip did not meet your expectations. We are reviewing your comments very closely. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

The island is beautiful and Club Med is full of activities, weather permitting. I spent the week scuba diving. Great GO's. it's an all outdoor resort, so check the weather.
The resort is adult only, and the escape from my kids was great.
I went from Monday-Monday, and met many nice people. Everyone's schedule is different, so don't generally expect to see the same faces all week. Every night has a theme, dancing and drinking.
I travelled by myself, If your not with a friend, it can take time to meet people around the resort. Your limited to meals, activities or the nights event. (not everyone taste) If you do meet someone they may be leaving the next day, even though they have been there the entire week. There are no events or gatherings for singles. I was surprised that this adult only resort put no emphasis into this valuable marketable asset. Seems pretty simple to schedule. A few suggestions:
1. Singles nightly mixers. Separate age groups too. I watched the 20's - 50's each looking for their respective peers. I was looking for a 45+ group.
2. Singles catamaran cruise at night. Only the dive boat goes out at night once a week. The dive and snorkeling boats are under utilized.
3. Singles excursions. I went on a Kayak Nature Tour. It was great. I was the only one from Club Med on the tour. I spoke to several singles afterwards who would have gone had they known someone else was going.

Room Tip: You want to stay in the A,B,C buildings. They are closer to the pool, dining hall and scuba pier.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Travelaround2222

Dear Lawrence W,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We regret that you did not like some aspects of your stay. We are looking into your comments and suggestions and will inform the Club Med Turrkoise event planning staff. Thank you again for your feedback.