“Cheap flight but no extras”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 18 October 2018

The Good:
- Very cheap flight

The bad:
- Small seats that don't recline
- Have to pay extra to pick seat
- Have to pay extra to have carry on
- Only provide water for free (soda, juice, snacks, etc costs extra)
- No inflight entertainment

Tip
- Frontier is in the International terminal (5) at O'Hare

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a round trip flight at $67 each for our honeymoon. It seemed great except you have to pay quite a bit for carry on items and checked bags. Not to mention if you are traveling with another person you have to pay for an assigned seat. 25 for a regular uncomfortable seat and 48 for "extended leg room" if you could call a quarter inch extended leg room. There's nothing glamorous about this flight and if you booked a red eye prepare to be up the entire time as it is impossible to sleep. Everything is very squished together I was surprised I could fit in the bathroom. No wifi, TVs, or anything extra like that. Although I was grateful for the amazing flight crew they were attentive and accommodating.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Frontier has been my go to airline because of the prices. But after several bad experiences, I am DONE. Most of my flights have been delayed for hours, with little or no notice...usually because things break on the airplane before we leave (air conditioner, wheels, etc). There's been a few instances where they've boarded everyone and made us sit there for an hour just to tell us we need to get off; and once we finally reboard, wait another hour for paperwork to be complete. I always hear fellow passengers say they'll never fly frontier again and I feel the same way at this point. Pay the extra $20 for a better airline

1  Thank gwol2016
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Today my flight was cancelled because airplane was spitting out flames on the tarmac. Let that sit for a second. The plane was so close to self-destruction have just flown in from another airport with such severe mechanical issues that they had to cancel a flight (with no delay pending mind you) because of spewing flames. Would you ever want to fly an airline whose planes lack basic mechanical operations necessary for picking up passengers?

I lost $1200 on my business trip because my flight was cancelled. No worries though. A voucher for Frontier miles and a ticket on Sunday covers it, right? Wrong. Horrible customer service. They cancelled the flight and had one customer service agent working 100 people in single-file line in an attempt to reimburse and reschedule their flights. I had to walk from the Gate to the ticketing counter at the front of the terminal to wait in that line just so that I could be offered free miles for future Frontier flights. What a joke! This airline doesn't care about you! They don't care about you as a customer or creating a loyal consumer base. You are cattle! They are the cowboys! So I'm out $1200 will get reimbursed for my plane ticket (hopefully) in 7-10 business days AND I have to drive 3 hours to Dallas to go hop on a flight that costs 4 times as much. Thanks Frontier! I will never use your service or recommend you to anyone. I never thought I'd say this but Spirit is a much better airline!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Although the plane took off on time and the plane actually made it to Las Vegas , the striped down bare minimum program offered by Frontier is about the same price as comparable airlines when you factor in paying for a real seat and paying for luggage. Value?