“At least we didn't row...”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flew Frontier recently for the first time. Trying to save every penny, decided to give it a try. "How bad can it be?" The answer is pretty bad.

Unlike some, I found the flight crew to be nice and the gate attendant was polite. I knew of the expense of extra bags and paid the $35 each for carryon and checked bag. (It's $50 each if you wait until reaching the gate)

Until Frontier I'd never noticed how American Airlines and others "notch" the seat in front of you. This gives your knees a small amount of space. And, the seatback is padded. Frontier eliminated this "frill" and when you're 6'2" tall....your knees are jammed into the hard plastic of a straight seat back. I suppose for a 1 or 2 hour flight it would be ok, but 5 1/2 hours....yikes.

The seats had almost no padding on the back and minimal on the bottom. Ever notice how when you first sit in an airline seat it feels comfortable for a few minutes? Not so with this one. KNEW it was going to be uncomfortable immediately. And, if you have a "personal item" it is NOT under any circumstances allowed in the overhead. So, feet on briefcase for the flight.

If you want the Frontier experience without paying for it.....take a cheap plastic lawn chair, put one directly in front of you, and sit in a cardboard refrigerator box for 5 hours.

The flight was uneventful and they tried selling expensive refreshments. At the end they even offered 40k in air miles if you signed up for something. I'd have given them a $20 just to straighten up next to the window seat.

There are three positives. One, I tried a new airline and doubt they will be in business in 10-years as their return customer numbers have to be low. Two, found out padded seats are a "frill." And, three, it made Economy on the American Airlines flight home feel like business class! (Which, by the way, I've flown one time....and it was life changing.)

1  Thank rhubarbjohnson

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The flight crew was very friendly and flight was good. The return flight was late from Cleveland, but still a very good flight back home.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We recently flew Frontier to and from Cancun from Denver. We paid for the upgrade to be able to have a carry on, a checked bag, and additional leg room. It was well worth the price.

The flights were on time, both departing and arriving. We have no complaints. For a discount airline, we got exactly what we were expecting for the price we paid.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I take frontier for the non-stop flights. The interior of the planes are mediocre, with thin seats that no longer recline, and the screens, which were great for kids, have been removed. I question the airline when so many of it's employees are constantly complaining about how much they are paid and how they are treated.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was the worst flight of my life! I had a connection in Denver of 1 hour and 15 minutes. However, immigration kept my sister and I about 45 minutes or more in a waiting room to ask us a few questions of rigor, which caused us to miss the flight to Las Vegas. The person in charge of Frontier Airlines saw us in immigration and knew we lost the flight against our will.

However, in spite of that, she preferred to get on the next flight a person who missed the same flight because he arrived late and offered us a single chair. She told us "that I should leave my little sister or be on the waiting list for a flight the next day", she even told us that we had better take a 7-hour bus to get to Las Vegas.

Since I was not going to separate from my sister, or take a bus, we spent the night on the airport floor and lost $ 150 a night in the hotel in Las Vegas. I had to talk at 6 a.m. the next day with the supervisor, who finally helped us get seats.