“very good!”
Review of Malindo Air

Reviewed 6 April 2018

i flew from Surabaya to Bangkok and had to transit in KL and change from lion air to malindo which is in under the same company. but this is my first time i flew with malindo air. it was great. the flight attendant were very friendly and helpful. the plane was really clean, and neat. they gave me water, juice and food as complimentary. this is the best flight so far for me. On booking said the facility is in-flight entertainment but there was not in-flight entertainment but overall everything was great.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Recently flew from Perth to Phuket with a few hours layover at KLIA. The plane was clean and had pretty good leg room. The staff were friendly. The stopover in KL was at the main terminal, not the crummy one.

However, this is not a premium service flight. You only get one meal & non alcoholic drink. There is no option to purchase additional snacks. There is no alcohol served at all on these flights. In addition, they did not provide headsets on the flight from KL to Phuket. The movie selection is poor. There are no new releases, just films and tv shows from a few years ago. On the flight from KL to Phuket, the screens didn't even work.

If you're going to fly cheap, you're better off going with Air Asia. At least they give you the option to purchase food, alcohol & headsets. If you don't care about that stuff then Malindo would be fine.

2  Thank Jem_Latts
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We took this flight as a transit to fly to Colombo. Their flight service was timely, professional and worth of the price we paid for, bought the ticket at a good price during a promotional campaign. Food was okay. But the staffs were really really so rude to the customers,they were barking at the customers (a big chunk of Bangladeshi workers were in the flight)! At times, we felt disgusted about this! We, all the passengers paid for the flight! So, this discrimination is unacceptable!

1  Thank Kaziishratjahan
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was the first time we flew with Malindo and it was a good experience with a few minor problems. The seats are defiantly better, wider and more leg room. It was on time, well one 20 min late departing KLIA where we changed planes to Yangon but not too shabby.
The free luggage allowance of 25kg was great plus 7kg carry-on, the food was not so good and only beer was available FOC (only wine and spirits in Business class) and the TV played up but we finally got it re-booted and it worked. From our experience we gave it a score of 9 out of 10 so way better than Air Asia.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank ozteam888
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

At first, malindo had retimed my connecting flight earlier than the first flight. When I checked, they had totally cancelled the trip at 2 pm and changed to 6 am flight. And then the following month, malindo retimed again and i had to wait 6 hours for my connecting flight. One of the staff offered a shuttle transfer from subang-klia so that I don't have to wait too long. I had accepted the offer. But then, when I called for a verification, a rude male staff told me that malindo had never offered shuttle transfer service from subang to klia. I felt so worried as I'll be flying during major festival in Malaysia and there is high chance malindo would delay my first flight again and consequently, I would miss my connecting flight to Singapore. Then I decided to book tickets from other reliable airline and asked for refund from malindo. The rude staff refused and twisted the whole situation. That's the end of it. I'm not gonna fly with this useless airline even it is free!