“No Wizzing round their website....”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 15 October 2019

I found this website SO confusing that I had to phone a friend - really!
Now if you’re an ace at using those websites like Expedia.com, or any websites where you ‘put together’ a ‘package’, then this is the website & airline for you.
THAT SAID....if you’re hopping off for a weekend, AND are only taking cabin baggage, AND buy your snacks beforehand, then this is deffo the airline for you.
They don’t allow you to drink your on booze on board.
Cluj Napoc airport is practically in the centre of town, so it’s a very quick bus ride into town.

Date of travel: September 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Helen H

Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

I had problems booking my flights because I would put in the dates of the 27-29 and then when I’d go to book, it would revert to a different option on the 26th and 28th or 30th. I’d have to go back in and deselect the flights and re select the flights I want. Each step of the way it would do this. I finally booked what I thought was the correct flights on the 27-29 and then when I got my confirmation I saw that it had reverted back and booked the flight on the 26th again. Of course, customer service is non existent and the only way to correct the situation is to pay their change fee of 70€. Totally outrageous for them to collect money off me on an obvious glitch or who knows, maybe this is just an on purpose scam on their part!

Reviewed 15 October 2019

As the other reviews show, if you want to sit together you have to pay for seats, I selected specific seats, paid for them, but then Wizzair changed my seats without informing me. I had selected two isle seats, i got a window and middle seat and a stranger sat next to us so we couldn't swap. Trying to get your money back is difficult as well as they charge £1.45 per minute to call their call centre and then mobile phone charges on top of that. I've just submitted a complaint form, they endeavour to get back to me within 30 days... we will see.
I also had a quick glance at their policy for delayed and cancelled flights, I would read them thoroughly before booking through Wizzair again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

I am a frequent flyer and my latest flight, which happened to be with them ,  was a nightmare.

As soon as we reached the gate for our departure to London, we were told that we would have to stop at Skopje for refuelling! No one, absolutely no one, had ever told us that we would have to stop at Skopje for fuel... Had Thessaloniki run out of fuel?!

Of course the flight did not leave on time but we were eventually Skopje-bound. We got fuel and we departed... Then, mid-flight, the pilot apparently smelled smoke. Very correctly, he diverted the plane to Skopje, where we landed- thank you, pilot, for taking our safety seriously! But, upon arrival, after having performed an emergency landing and whilst there were ambulances and fire engines on the ground, the pilot decided to let all passengers on the aircraft for an hour. What responsible person, suspecting a fire on the plane and having performed an emergency landing, allows passengers to stay on the aircraft?

Then, over an hour later we were told that we would have to stay there overnight and leave the following morning. We waited at the airport for one or two hours and we were then taken to a hotel, where we had to wait outside for another hour, only to be told that it was full and that we would have to go back to the airport...

The following morning we departed after another long delay, reaching London nearly 24hours after our scheduled arrival.

Of course Wizz are refusing to compensate, claiming that the delays were acts of God.  Personally, I paid for a ticket to London, not to London via Skopje... I was neither asked nor informed about the stopover. Also, despite me agreeing with the pilot on performing an emergency landing , why on Earth did he leave us on the plane for an hour?  I am a frequent flyer and I know what I am entitled to. My last trip to Asia was delayed by five hours and not only was I informed in advance and compensated but I was given a food voucher as soon as I arrived at Gatwick.

To sum up my views: Extremely poor customer service, no communication at all and utter inability to deal with emergencies and difficult situations. They are there for the money and only for that, they do not care about their customers- who funnily enough pay for the money they make.

Moral of the story? Pay a little bit more so that you can fly with an actual and reliable airline.

Reviewed 14 October 2019

If you don't pay extra for choosing seats, they force you to do the web checkin only 48 hours before the flights. When it comes the moment, they again try to sell you seats and if you select "random seat" they on purpose assign you separated seats (even if you are travelling with a child!!!) and so force you to pay extra in order to seat all family together (we were 3, 2 adults and 1 child). In total: 30 € more. So despicable!!! If we knew from the start, we would have chosen another airline.