“They deliver what they say”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Like many people, I have read a lot of the negative reviews for Wizz Air and after flying with them a couple of times, I think that some of the reviews are unfair.

I have given them 4 stars as they deliver pretty much what you expect and their website makes it very clear about the baggage policy. It is a case of you pay your money, you make your choice. We did see people having problems with their bags, but they had brought huge cases and did not want to pay for them. The staff on the ground handling this I thought were excellent, very calm and just stating the airlines policy.

The planes are all pretty new, leg room is what you would expect, staff polite and helpful. Great routes, which open up some new destinations.

Read the website clearly and you can see what you are paying for and their will be no surprises. Also, they send a few emails reminding you about luggage size and costs.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Wizz Air personnel on the airport announced the delay of our flight just one hour before the scheduled flight hour. The only answer to the passengers' inquiries about alternative flights was that it was possible, but not sure, for us to fly the next day, after 24 hours' delay. Calling the Wizz call centre for passengers with delayed or cancelled flights, we were told that they did not know anything about the next flight. What is more, on the Iasi Romania airport , the personnel treated us disrespectfully . I would like to advise anyone who wants to book Wizz air tickets to think twice before doing it.

2  Thank Alina40
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Never book with this airline. We thought that we would save money by using a budget airline, but it would have been cheaper to fly with BA from Heathrow and far more convenient. 3 of us flew. I chose the flight and when I clicked on it a message popped up to say the flight had gone up by £13.
The price included hand luggage, but later looking at the small print, hand luggage meant a tiny case or a backpack. Had to pay £37 each to take a normal size hand luggage case. Multiply that by 3 and the price is going up rapidly. We all flew out together but my daughter flew back earlier. For my son and I to check in they then charged us another £22 for seats. None of the "free" seats were left. The seats we paid for ( having already bought tickets, which I presumed included a seat. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have let us stand in the plane)
The seats we got weren't any different from any other seats so why in the world did we have to pay for them?
In total we spent another £176. Absolutely ridiculous.
I asked for water on the flight, but they couldn't give me any. You are supposed to keep hydrated when flying but they can't even provide water for free, so I ended up buying a bottle for £2.50!
I went to the toilet during the flight and when I came out the stewards were going up with the trolley so I couldn't take my seat. I sat in the stewards seat for 20 mins until they came back down only to be rudely told off my the steward who told me I shouldn't have sat there as it was dangerous. How exactly it was dangerous I'm not sure, but she was pretty rude.
The flight coming back was delayed. This was because of storms in London, so it wasn't the airlines fault. It showed on the board at the airport that it was a half hour delay. We ended up sitting in the shuttle bus for 20 mins with no one telling us what was going on and on the plane for another 30 mins. Delay ended up totalling 90 mins. We were being collected at Luton. I had told my daughter who was collecting us that there was a 30 min delay. As I said it ended up being 90 mins. She checked the airline website before leaving and it hadn't been updated, so as a consequence she ended up coming an hour early and it cost us £14 for the parking.
Extra costs totalled £190, plus the £579.08 paid originally for the flights = £769.08, so much for budget airline. NEVER will I fly Wizz Air again!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank CarolineLegend
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Not a bad experience from us. As other reviewer said, it is what it is for a budget airline. Yes you have to pay more for a bigger hand luggage or cabin bag, we didnt find it surprise as it was mentioned while booking. Customer service can be better.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had read some really bad reviews about Wizz before booking with them, but I thought I'd take the chance. As it turned out, it was ok. I didn't pay for any of the extras like large cabin bag or a preferred seat so it wasn't too expensive.Once you start adding those costs on, it doesn't seem like a budget airline. The flight was just under 2 hours each way and although I didn't feel cramped or uncomfortable as I'm only 5'3, I wouldn't want to spend too much time in the small seats. A few people had paid for Priority Boarding but what that actually turned out to be was priority getting on the bus which takes you to the plane. Therefore, they were first on but last off. I got onto the plane before a lot of them, so I wouldn't bother paying for this 'privilege'. The staff, both in the airport and on the plane, seemed a little stern and unapproachable and a smile every now and again wouldn't go amiss.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)