“787 LHR to JNB”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight from LHR to JNB was a good flight with accommodating friendly flight attendants who also let me move seats and gave extra coffee when requested.

IFE was easy to use with a good selection of films and music and games.

Restrooms needed to be cleaned more frequently and the announcements were clear and easy to be heard.

Interior lighting was pleasantly dimmed for matching the exterior conditions.

I didn't appreciate having to get new boarding passes in Heathrow and my passport checked by Virgin when they already checked me through to JNB.

I thought breakfast could be have been served a little earlier but the entrees we're all okay to good for airline food.

Date of travel: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really enjoyed my flight. The food was very good and the entertainment system had some new films I hadn’t even seen before and it kept the kids entertained. I also got a proper sleep on the fully flat bed on the flight back home.

Date of travel: April 2018

Gotta love Virgin!
Food choice is good, plus they have a fine collection of drinks and the staff are always courteous.
Even through a turbulent flight, the ride is smooth and landing is just impeccable.
Ok the WiFi could be free but the entertainment is always well put together and the selection of movies, tv shows and games are great.
Overall, any trip longer than 6hrs deserves to be taken with Virgin and the team

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank WayneS1819
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We’ve used Virgin a number of times and usually to the Caribbean on a 747. This flight was no different to our other experiences. Food was fine although they had run out of our preferred choice and we ended up having something different, however half way through our meal the stewardess arrived with our original choice from Premium Economy, so ended up with two meals each! The last meal of the flight was ok with just the choice of two sandwiches and a cake. We have always been well looked after on Virgin flights and the drinks were plentiful throughout the journey. Space is always a problem in Standard Economy both with legroom and eating off the folding tray but we sometimes fly Premium Economy which is a lot better on both counts but at a price. We pre-booked our seats which were £30 each, however Virgin now do this free of charge. The only other issue was the quality of the entertainment screen which sometimes decided to freeze for me, however my wife’s was ok but other than that there was a good choice of up to date movies and other entertainment packages.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an upgrade to the upper cabin for the first time. The flat beds were great and meant that i arrived feeling relaxed and refreshed. The food was excelllent. The service was second to none. The only problem is that i feel somewhat spoilt and dont want to turn right next time we fly!!

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money