“Whole Virgin Experience”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a year ago through the trafford centre branch, great communication about paying our balance. Once they had our money no communication about a flight change that meant we would miss our connection in Atlanta, found out through a third party seven weeks before departure. Went into store ... they blamed Virgin Atlantic .... half an hour to get through to Virgin Atlantic .... they blamed Virgin Holidays. Changed flight but left with a sour taste. Mr Branson is famous for saying 'look after your staff as they will look after your customers' ... well they don't!

2  Thank Steve B

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew out from Heathrow premium economy to Johannesburg in December, hopefully for a restful Christmas holiday. The cabin staff were great, nothing was too much trouble, sadly it all went downhill after that, my luggage never arrived at Johannesburg. Waited and waited hoping my luggage was going to appear, it didn’t and they had mixed up my name and my travelling companions name at check in so they thought it was her bag that was missing when it was mine. After registering all my details at baggage office we then had to rush to catch our onward flight to Cape Town.
Virgin Atlantic rushed my luggage out to Johannesburg when they found it and was there by 21st December. Sadly they then failed in 4 days to get it to me in Cape Town before I left to drive along the coast.
I was without my luggage for the whole holiday, 12 days, I felt the Virgin baggage people were dismissive of my plight (this was the second time last year that an airline lost my baggage and left me without luggage my whole holiday), they kept apologizing but I wanted action to get it to me not an apology.
Suggest taking as much vital baggage as you can in a carry on, it is a very stressful situation to try and replace things whilst wondering when you will get your luggage.

3  Thank ubiquitous7
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the third time I flew this route in the past 6 months within the Economy class service.

Pros-
1. Good in - flight entertainment system
2. Good night service by cabin crew including regular service of water and juice
3. Good timing of flight (takes off around 10pm scheduled and gets you to Delhi in the morning before noon)

Cons-
1. The legspace within economy on this aircraft is cramped and much less than counterparts BA or Jet Airways who fly the same route at similar times.
2. Often delayed by 45mins minimum
3. No option to choose your seat for free. Random allocation is the only way. Given I am 6ft 4in and a frequent flyer with the airline, was not offered a seat in the exit or isle at the counter either when the flight was not full.

2  Thank MM1501
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently flew to Los Angeles with Virgin then onto Las Vegas with Delta, the flight was good as usual with Virgin and we got the seats we arranged. The change over at Los Angeles was OK although a few more signs for connecting flights would be helpful! The Delta flight was also OK a much smaller airplane which we expected and their comfort plus is not an equivalent to the Virgin Premium Economy. Altogether is was OK.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew with them a couple of years ago with my family (could only choose February 2017 in the table). In my opinion it was the best flight I've had so far. The staff were friendly and helpful. The seats were comfy. I even got to sit by myself with plenty of space. I got lots of snacks and drinks. The in flight entertainment was the best.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
4  Thank hbecca65