“Almost didn't book due to poor reviews ”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Great trip on the new 787 route out of Seattle
Service top notch. Could spend a couple bucks for Parsley garnish.
Was not sure about the seat configuration but it worked surprisingly well
I would recommend this flight 100 percent

1  Thank JimmyC654

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I was looking forward to flying wth virgin for the first time as I'd heard great things. Check-in outward and inward took two hours which I thought was excessive especially as I was travelling with two children under 5!! The airport staff at both airports cited system problems, however, when I emailed to complain they blamed it on me travelling with a toddler!!! They absolutely denied all knowledge of any system problems at all!!! I don't know how this company continues to function if checking in one toddler causes so many problems?! Furthermore their costumer service people are rude, and inconsistent regarding the escalation of complaints. And don't even bother trying to speak to a team leader or manager as apparently Virgin don't DO that. I was told I had to email to escalate my complaint then when I did, I received an email back saying Virgin don't escalate complaints because all their staff are equally capable ......of apparently replying to emails that they haven't bothered to read properly!!!!

I have no complaints about the actual flights or air cabin staff but wouldn't fly Virgin again because I'm not prepared to invest money on a company with such scant regard for customer service.

2  Thank Joanie0457
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Our youngest member was so frightened she was refusing to get onto the plane. The ground crew quickly separated us and let us on first where an air hostess took her to one side and calmed her down. Then the captain came and spoke to her in a calm reassuring manner. Things went well during the flight with the Captain coming down to check on her. The same happened on the return flight although she was not so bad as going out. Excellent staff both ground and air crew.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Check in was very quick & offered all the required help for wheelchair user. Boarding was excellent, full assistance provided.seating was exceptional, both for comfort & position with plenty of leg room. On board service was excellent & the food was very good for an airline. Assistance was provided to get off the plane & the staff were very, very good at all times. The in flight entertainment was excellent, with plenty of choice for a long flight.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Long story but we thought we had reserved extra legroom seats fot both our outbound and return flights. We booked them by phone and thought we had paid by card. In fact Virgin didn't complete the payment but somehow the booking went through and we got our outbound seats. However for the return flight Virgin changed the plane and as late bookers we lost our seats which we were told were re-allocated on a first come first serve basis. OK - we weren't entitled to a refund but heres the thing. In dealing with our complaint Virgin have advised that they " do not currently have a system which alerts our customer's to any changes made to their seat requests". So be warned. If you reserve extra legroom seats there is no guarantee you will get them if for example Virgin change the plane. But even worse - they wont even bother telling you until you check in.

1  Thank craney2017