“Cancelled connecting flight the morning of our return”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 7 August 2022

See title. When United cancels the connecting flight , it leaves no opportunity to select an alternative flight that makes sense. We are currently in a 12 hour wait until the next flight. I will never fly with United Airlines again. They are abysmal.

Date of travel: August 2022
Write a reviewReviews (52,537)

Reviewed 7 August 2022

As a person who hates to fly, I have to say "United Airlines has always given me the smoothest flights" Pilots are awesome, smooth, on time, sometimes early. Flight attendants always professional, customer service-great.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 7 August 2022

Changed our flight from 15 to 25 hours and added an extra flight. Promised us upgraded seats but lied and seated our children separately in economy saying it was an upgrade. When we phoned Carol Ann the hick hung up on us.

1  Thank Bandit3
Reviewed 7 August 2022

My flight is UA1756 on July 29, 2022. This was our first flight with UA but it was a horrible experience. First of all, at YVR, we were waiting for someone to call our group number to be in line for boarding but no one called our group numbe which is 3. We are obeying the sign (which said "be seated till your group 3,4 or5 is called). Finally we saw someone with group 3 are waiting in line so we then got up to wait in line but we were told we had to leave our carry on luggage to be put away. After landing, then no one told us where to pick up our luggage and it asked 4 to 5 UA staff to find out where to pick up. In the aircraft, these flight attendants are not professionals, unfriendly and very bad service is offering. The return flight UA 608 on Aug 2, 2022 was much much better. That is why I will give a one star to UA. Hopefully the good crews are awarded and the bad crews are fired. It is hurting the reputation and this review is going to be posted in the internet as well.
By the way, my seat is broken and can't be adjusted.

Date of travel: July 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank 224astors
Reviewed 6 August 2022

Once again i've encountered another bad experience with this airline. We booked our flight from LA to London and selected our seats five months ago. We selected our seats so our family of five are all sitting next each other. This was important since our youngest two children are 5 and 7 years old. The oldest is 16. Today, a day before our flight departs, we got an email that all our seats were changed. They have the 16 year old sitting by herself. The 5 and 7 year old children sitting by themselves and my wife and I sitting separate from all of them. I called customer service. I confirmed the aircraft has not changed. The customer service person informed me that an airline employee made the change to accommodate another passenger. She also told me there was nothing she could do and that i need to see if someone at the airport, when i check in tomorrow, can assist with correcting this problem. Now my family is spread throughout the plane so another passenger could be accommodated. We purchased our tickets and selected our seats months ago. Now last minute our family is bumped from their seats? I've never experienced such a thing from the other airlines.

1  Thank John H