“Couples trip to Costa Rica ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flew United Airlines from Edmonton Canada to Houston Texas. Had a 5 hour stop over. Great airport plenty of good eats. Lots of seating. Flight was good. Flight attendants were great.
Flew from Houston to Liberia Costa Rica and had the same great service on United Airlines. We had the typical flight delays but you can’t get mad cause you can’t stop Mother Nature from snowing and blowing. We paid extra for more leg room. Didnt really notice much difference from other carriers.

Date of travel: February 2019

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had heard we could fly direct from Los Angeles to Singapore but it turned out to be on an airline we had never taken and therefore did not belong to their mileage club.

Now we are talking a lot of miles in a round trip ticket to Singapore so I looked for an airlines that had a mileage club we belonged to who had a fairly direct flight.

That would be United who flew us from Los Angeles to San Francisco, one hour to change plans and then direct to Singapore. Yay!!

On the return from Auckland, NZ we did the same thing flying into SF then on to Los Angeles.

It was comfortable in Business, great food and a relaxing trip.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It not ideal for a non-budget airline. No meal for a 3 hrs flight is not common & only provided with a drink. Seat is a bit cramp & no inflight entertainment. Also has to pay additional $30 for your check-in baggage. There are better airline that could have provided all these. I would not recommend this Airlines unless you have no choice.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

United airlines needs to completely revamp their seating. My knees touched were PRESSED up against the seat in front of me and when the person in that seat reclined I had to put my legs out into the aisle. My flight the week before, I flew from Salt Lake City to Atlanta on Delta and the seats on the plane were still economy but had enough room that my knees did not touch the seat in front of me.

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank jpose5
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On October 17, we flew to San Francisco (SFO), enroute home to Phoenix (PHX) after a one day meeting in Las Vegas (LAS). We flew on United UA1647, on an Airbus A319 (#4003), in First Class, seats 2E & F. The aircraft was originally scheduled to be A319 #4663, but was changed.

We started our morning at the little United Club at LAS, near Gate D32, though our flight was out of Gate D54, so at the end of the D Terminal, in the semi-circular tip of the building. We noticed that all of the D50-series of gates had been converted to the new United 2 boarding lane configuration, which is becoming very common. Because of the layout of the D-50 gates at LAS, these new boarding lanes alleviate a lot of crowding at the gates, and I feel make boarding the planes easier. Before, UA used a 5-lane configuration, but now with only 2, the width of the layout is much smaller, with more room. The first to board are Groups 1, then 2, while Groups 3-5 remain seated. Then, Groups 3 & 4 are called forward, followed by Group 5. I do not know when, or even if, all UA gates will have the new system, but to date, the only place that we have not seen it (yet) is at SFO with the few gates in the main T3 building.

The UA 737 next to us (Gate D-55) had a new livery, “One Hundred,” celebrating 100 United Employees, who were recently cited for going “above and beyond,” and had several planes repainted, to commemorate their award. Always neat to see new livery on an airline that we fly weekly.

When we arrived at the gate, I noticed that our flight had 5 E+ seats, and 1 E still available, but noticed also, that there were 12 folk on the standby list, so another completely full flight, just as our SFO-LAS flight had been the day before. With but a few exceptions, most of our UA flights have been going out completely full.

We boarded on-time, and were away on Runway 26R, and then turned almost due North, so we had a nice view of The Strip, on takeoff. The weather was clear, and from Seat 2F, I have a great view, and lots of photo opportunities, as we were looking straight up The Strip for a few moments. We flew along beside Mt Charleston, then over Indian Springs, before entering Death Valley at Amargosa Valley, then Rhyolite and Beatty, where we started picking up some clouds and haze. We picked up a bit more haze, as we approached SFO. The climb out of LAS was bumpy, but that is what we have come to expect, even in the Autumn – always bumpy in, or out, in the Summer. We did fly close to Crescent Dunes Solar Collector power station, with its single array shining in the desert. We did get another flyover of Mono Lake, with Paoha Island, and then Yosemite, where there was still some snow, as we had observed flying SFO to LAS..

Seats 2E & F are our favorites on the A319/320 ships, as they have good legroom, and underseat storage. A few years ago, UA refurbished their Airbus ships, and I think that all now have been fitted with the newer First Class seats – at least all that we have flown over the last two years. These seats are nice and wide, and have a “sliding recline,” so that the lower cushion moves forward, and the seatback does not intrude into the space of the person behind, as much. The podium has a marble top, and a marble tray, which slides out. We have come to like these seats quite a bit, and prefer them to those in the UA 737's. Of all domestic FC seats, I think that these are just about the best. The overhead bins are adequate, though not quite as large as on the newer 737's with the “Dreamliner ceiling.” Those bins are quite large, however, UA still has some 737's with the old interior, and especially from the Continental side of the fleet.

In-flight, we had a passed snack basket and the Emina Verdelho-Viura from Rueda in Northern Spain, for our white wine. While not bad, we are both getting a bit tired of this as the UA flights in FC domestic.

We landed on-time, and in plenty of time to catch our SFO-PHX flight. We even had time to grab a quick lunch at Yankee Pier in T3 at SFO.

A very nice flight, with excellent cabin crew, plus a great gate crew at LAS. So far, this trip was going very nicely, though a lot of flying was crammed into two days.

Date of travel: October 2018