“Standard basic flight - with delays”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew on United last month traveling to Hawai'i. In economy, we had the standard cramped leg room. The large guy who had the seat in front of me then decided to recline his seat for 3 hours, making it even tighter. My drink on the small table was very close to me. The biggest issue was the 5 hour delay in Denver before we took off. They did offer us snacks while we waited. We missed the entire afternoon and evening of one of our limited number of days on O'ahu. Oh well, seems like what we have come to expect, but we did arrive safely in Hawai'i and back home again on time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The check in went well. The flight left on time. The flight was pretty bumpy but we arrived on time. The drink and food service was limited due to the bumpy flight. Over all the flight was all right.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline ever! They were late and made me miss my connecting flight then lost my luggage! We are only here for the weekend and they said they can have our luggage mailed to us but we still did not get it and we have nothing. Terrible and unbelievable. They do not care about their customers and are no help. I'm never flying this airline again

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall the flight was fine but very odd times and layovers. My complaint is I used my mileage plus card for the booking and the flight out of Cancun said it was a United flight but it was actually Air Canada. Apparently in the terms and conditions of my United card we only get free bag check if it is a United flight. There was no way to tell that it was not really United and we had to pay $60 in baggage check fees that we were not aware of and that was very disappointing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This flight was a continuation of a trip from London, via Singapore to Truk Lagoon. Flown with UA before when working in USA so was expecting a pleasant, comfortable flight; how mistaken I was! Seat pitch absolutly minimal (legroom was not appropriate for Europeans), seat width of a similar size. Many of the overhead lockers were locked shut. Many seats needed cleaning. Had to get my travel clothes washed at destination. Clearly regular traveller parties on these flights book seats to have the middle seat, in group of three, left spare as I was asked to move to allow people who had booked their seats in a row to sit together.
Whilst there was no question on the hold baggage sizes there ought to be on cabin baggage. So travellers had bags so big that they could't get the bags into the lockers; some bags already in the lockers were taken out by late comers and left on the floor or on seats to allow the late comers to put their oversized bags in. I had to travel with my cabin baggage between my legs.
Snack food wasn't bad, but wasn't that good either.
Cabin crew did seem to appreciate polite englishmen.

At least Ryan Air, who have to be the most hated airline in Europe, aircraft are clean, have reasonable seat pitch and are strict on the cabin baggage policy. Do think UA in their Pacific operating area needs some lessons from Ryan Air.