“45 minutes of Bliss on a Smaller Aircraft”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As I've posted prior, I think it's super imperative for airlines to make sure that for smaller groups of people traveling, it's important to make sure that flight announcements are made LOUDLY enough, especially during the boarding process, as it can be confusing to know whether or not one's flight is boarding when an area around the gate looks crowded (due to proximity to other gates), so there hardly seems to be any activity at a gate that is actively boarding passengers. This flight was a connection for me, so on approaching the gate, it wasn't immediately clear whether or not the boarding process had commenced (it had-- I asked the gate attendant). No time for in-flight refreshments. Legroom a little scarce.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have only ever traveled United Airlines so I do not have much to compare this airline experience to however, I will say we have never had an issue with any flight. Everything always seems so easy flying United and I love the app - it’s so convenient. We recently took a short round trip flight to Mexico and the flight arrived there early and got back home early - it was amazing because we cut off about a 1/2 hour each way! For someone who doesn’t like flying AT ALL, I can say the flight was really smooth. We went through one turbulence patch and it was over within 5 minutes, thank goodness. I love that I always feel safe on their flights!

We flew economy and there was definitely enough leg space - it didn’t feel cramped. The entertainment is decent - you can connect through your phone and watch free movies and shows. The crew was pretty attentive, but not the most amazing. In other words, they did not go above and beyond but they did just enough. The food and snacks are what you would expect - I’m glad they even gave us pretzels because it was such a short flight! I do like the mileage rewards program as well. My only complaint is that the boarding was a little messy and unorganized both going and leaving - even though there are signs for certain lines to be on, according to your boarding pass, everyone was just all over the place. Lastly, I always like to meet the pilot - or at least say thank you on the way out but was not able to this last flight. The price was decent, a little pricey because we booked last minute but we do trust UA so we will continue to book our flights with UA! Docking one star for disorganization and lack of excellent customer service. We'll see how the next flight goes!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Easy check-in process, gate boarding began when expected, we took off when expected, arrived at the ETA without delays, smooth flight, nice amount of space for economy seating, good amount of space under the seat in front of me for my personal item, nice flight attendants, good in-flight refreshments, and lovely service. One problem: TV screens did not work.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In hindsight it was required to spend the maximum time in Hawaii. However the flights were both long. The only issue was the gap between the flights. It was fine from Newark to Hawaii switching at San Fran, while the return flight switched at LA and we were not given sufficient time to relax and eat. The schedule said 50 minutes but it was less. We made the connection but in the future I would like more time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a round trip and both legs were surprisingly very good. I say that because of some less than stellar experiences with United. I booked the flight as United had a great special. The trip home from London to Denver was on the dreamliner. It was spacious (economy even) and the crew were very attentive and friendly. The only downside is that at Heathrow their gate crew were so uncoordinated they left group 2 who paid extra for priority boarding standing for ages while they boarded everyone else. Have no idea why except the gate staff seemed to not talk to one another. The flight from Denver (not sure of plane type) was also excellent. Same excellent customer service and the aircraft didn't look tatty for once (my usual negative for United - planes are frequently old, tatty, and things broken). I was a bit nervous about flying with United but after this trip I would fly with them again. Oh and their ground crew at check in (not boarding gate) were excellent both ends.

Date of travel: October 2018