“Good on way out - terrible return trip”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I flew out to San Diego in August to celebrate his birthday. Our flights on the way out were great. All were on time, the airplane was a comfortable temperature and there was minimal turbulence. The same cannot be said for our return trip. For starters, the plane was incredibly hot. Even though there was some air blowing, it was lukewarm and did not get any cooler throughout the entirety of the flight. Not to mention that the plane was very cramped. Our trip took us through Denver and the entire flight was turbulent, including the landing which was absolutely horrible. A small child in the row next to us vomitted the whole time we descended into Denver. It was awful. Our next flight which took us back home to Pittsburgh was again incredibly hot and stuffy. Our descent was a little rocky but thankfully nothing compared to Denver. We were incredibly surprised by the difference in flight experiences on the way there and on the way back. It was a very unpleasant way to end the trip to say the least.

Date of travel: August 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Leg room wasn't amazing, mind you, but it was decent. The flight was booked solid, with no extra seats, so we were advised to check our carryons if we boarded later as there may not be room overhead. The flight out, we went ahead and did this. There was no charge, but we did have to pick them up at the baggage area instead of just gate checked (to be picked up when unboarding). That was okay. I took my chances on the return flight and was able to find overhead space closer to the front of the plane, which worked fine. I just took whatever space was available.
No free checked bags, unless you check it like we did, as it was offered. It may not always be. I think the fee was $25 each way for a checked bag, pay attention to dimensions for luggage if you're trying to save the checked bag fee like we did. It worked well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well I can't really complain about it but I also can't really rave about it easy. Nothing went wrong as such. We had plenty of leg room more than on regular flights so this was a good thing as this was my first long haul flight. The flight entertainment was good... varied choice and was easy to navigate. Kept me occupied anyway. The food and drinks were free with the flight and we could also pick our seats for free also. The food was basic and was edible I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it but this is something I have found with all flights so maybe its flight food. The cabin crew were friendly but not very professional. Didn't really check for the seat belts been on but I always have mine on just in case. Atleast they aren't waking you up to check I suppose. However there wasn't much room for hand luggage which is a shame when every1 on the plane is allowed hand luggage plus a bag that could fit under the seat. On the way back into the UK our luggage was in the first class section as that was the only room left available. This unnerved me considering my passport and personal belongings were in their and I cant see it. However, nothing was missing from it and everything was ok. The weight was brilliant the most I have ever had. 23KG in your case and 5KG in hand luggage plus a hand bag this was more than plenty for us as we were only travelling for 5 days. We did do plenty of shopping in new York and still went no where near the weight allowance. As I say little niggly things but nothing to mch trouble. It was a cheap flight over t the USA and in that way it was ok. What you pay is what you get. It did the job for us anyway.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you can swing it, Polaris class on United flight number 1 from San Francisco to Singapore makes the 17 1/2 hour flight breeze by. If you are trying to stay awake to get on Singapore time, they serve a full dinner after taking off from San Francisco at 10:40 PM. Put on a movie while you are eating and suddenly, it’s 2:AM, and it’s easy to go to sleep for 4 hours on the flat beds. They give you pajamas and two,ones of blankets: a comforter type one and a lighter blanket. Then, up for 2-3 hours. To get back to sleep, take some melatonin (liquid is preferable because it works right away) and go back to sleep for 5-6 hours, or as long as you can. They keep the windows dark until a couple hours before arriving, which is good because you do need to wake up for the breakfast service before landing at 8 AM. Customs/immigration is very efficient in Singapore, so you won’t have a big hassle when you get there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On time, comfortable, friendly start, free entertainment with TV shower, movies, games all at arns reach.

Date of travel: October 2018