“Oh no, no Inflight Entertainment - AGAIN!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm a loyal United customer but I think this is my fifth time in the last six flights where the Inflight Entertainment system did not work. They did not even try to reboot it, just told the passengers it did not work. It wasn't that big a deal since it was a relatively short flight but my last round trip was cross country and it malfunctioned too. Get the system fixed already or stop advertising it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have flown a few economy flights in the past year and some have been ok and one was disastrous. Therefore, I was not expecting a lot from my United flight to London. I figured it was seven hours and I would survive it.

Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised in a number of ways. First of all, my seat was comfortable. There was room for my knees. A blanket and pillow awaited me when I sat down. I was able to sleep at least part of the flight. There was a decent selection of entertainment to choose from and although I had my own earphones, I didn't see anyone paying for earphones but I am not exactly sure.

Another pleasant surprise was we were fed two meals on the flight. Both dinner and breakfast. Very nice since eating helps pass the time and keeps one occupied.

The bathrooms were airline bathrooms. Nothing more to say.

All in all, I repeat, I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely fly United again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Scheduled to fly out of LFT on United at 0530 connecting via IAH. Flight delayed due to some type of mechanical issue that was “discovered” only as we were taxiing to take off. It seems to me that whenever an aircraft has been parked overnight at the terminal this would allow ample time for a maintenance / flight crew to review maintenance issues prior to pushback. Annoying delay created a cascade of delays causing me to miss my connection and arrive for my meeting in Boston nearly 7 hours late. Not one apology from anyone at United.

Additionally the service in economy on United is substandard. I really wanted to fly Delta on this trip. And I can assure you next time I will. Whenever airlines that thank you for your business mention how you have a choice in air travel, nothing could be more accurate. My choice will not be United in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

flying home from San Francisco and arrived to check bags and found our connecting flight through Newark had been delayed by 2 hours so we would miss our connection to Albany. No notification from United even though they send me constant emails about upgrades, purchase in flight entertainment, air miles credit card and all that other garbage. Not only did we have to re-book our flights and then check our own bags, drag them to the belt; the staff is indifferent. If the customer is doing all this on their own, what do the United employees do? The agents behind the counter do nothing, gate agents are not polite, and flight attendants bark at you about your bags constantly; or they ram into you with the beverage carts. In addition, being re-routed through Dulles is a nightmare. Second time in 2 weeks flying through there and the United Express gates are a huge cluster. Never on time, several delays, they send 4 flights out through 1 multi-purpose gate and do it rather poorly. They should change their motto to the "Not so Friendly Skies".

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall this is a well run airline that my family and I use on a regular basis, There are no surprises and they get you where you want to go safe and on time. On our flight to Edinburgh we flew business class from Chicago and we felt the service was excellent (the crew seemed to work well together and were so exceedingly helpful), as was the meal offered. On our flight home in economy plus, the crew was efficient and helpful when needed.