“NOT DEPENDABLE”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a roundtrip direct flight from DAY to EWR. First United changed the return from direct to a stopover in Wash. Not a flight we would have picked. But here is the big slam, our flight to Newark was scheduled to leave at 10:45 a.m. on August 22, they sent an email at 2:30 a.m. telling us that it was cancelled due to bad weather and rescheduled for the next day,not good when we were heading on a cruise. After some calls they finally got us on a connecting flight later that morning thru Chicago. But we were luckier then another group of people on the same cruise they arrived much later. By the way the weather was great here and all over the east coast, not sure were the bad weather was! We were very disappointed in United this time. No sorry for the inconvience or anything, what has happened to customer service. I still have to wander were the bad weather was!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’m always worried that United will treat us poorly when we cash in miles. But they treated us wonderfully. The plane from Chicago to Heathrow was new and very comfortable. The dinner was even tasty! We landed a bit early and got thru Heathrow so quickly I was worried that we would be too early for our rental car. But my worries were unfounded.

1  Thank Travel643070
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our return flight from Aruba to Newark was phenomenal due to the flight attendant on duty. I only fly first class or business class and never received this kind of A+ service on any airline before. Francine exceeded our expectations and set the bar high for other flight attendants. If you ever have an opportunity to have Francine as your flight attendant you will see for yourself exactly what I mean. From the time we boarded the plane until we departed she always had a friendly smile on her face. Francine is is a gem and should be acknowledged as such at United Airlines. Very rarely do you find flight attendants like her anymore. She was always making sure that everyone was taken care of and always telling us that it was her pleasure to serve us and other kind words . You felt that she genuinely meant it too. She talked to each passages and asked about their favorite part of their Aruba vacation. She made sure that we didn’t move. I went as far as to give her my tray and she said you don’t have to lift the tray. The man sitting behind me lifted his seat to give her something and I heard her say please do not move stay comfortable I will get it. The couple in front of us knew her by name when they got on the plane and she knew them and welcomed them back. It was actually an honor to be on the plane with her.

1  Thank Celeste P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight delayed by nearly 2.5 hours, which in the wake of recent hurricane can be excused for aircraft out of position. However, the ragbag crew that manned the cabin were an absolute disgrace to the airline - can I suggest that United look to European short haul providers to see what service should look like? No refreshment service - pretzels and water ok? Well no, it's not. I'm really fed up that my flight has been severely delayed so please make the service bearable by runnning a proper trolley service. Virtually unintelligble announcements from both flight deck and cabin crew; really guys, you need to loose the take it or leave it attitude. Shocking.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The seats look new and other airlines new seats are a good thing but the new seats on the United a320 barely recline an inch and just enough room for my new but not enough room for me to extend my legs under the seats. Not comfortable at all! Really disappointing. Everything else about the flight was actually pretty good.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money