“United Airlines Flight to Hawaii”
Review of United Airlines

United Airlines

World

Recent Flights to/from Maui

Nine members of our family, two grandparents, four parents, and three grandchildren made a trip to Maui. Four boarded their outbound flights in Nashville and five started in Milwaukee.

The only negative aspect of our recent family trip to Maui was our experience with United Airlines.

On the Denver to Kahului leg of our outbound trip, the flight ran out of food before row 20. The plane has 40 rows. A flight attendant explained that United was having “issues” with their catering operations at Denver. Friendly skies just are not possible on a fully booked 757 for seven hours without food.

On the return trip, United separated our group into different seats. The two year old was put into a different row than her parents. The five year old and seven year old got the same treatment on both legs of the trip. We booked seats almost twelve months in advance and had received notices from United Vacations showing confirmed seating on all legs of all flights.

United gate agents claimed they could do nothing about the seating issues. Fortunately, fellow travelers were kind enough to switch seats to allow the youngest in our group to sit next to a parent.

For many years, we used United for our vacation travel. This is the second year in a row that our United experience was less than "friendly".

We are looking forward to many years of vacation travel with our children and grandchildren. In the future, we will be flying Delta.

1  Thank fkrumbe

Reviewed 21 February 2018

This was another full flight. Spacing was very cramped. The flight attendants were very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

This flight was not full. The back of the plane was empty. The warm food offered was very limited. All they offered was a chipotle chicken sandwich which does not do well for passengers that do not tolerate spicy foods well. They also offered snack boxes which were not appealing as a meal. The flight attendants were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I had a return flight from Boston to Denver RIGHT AFTER a snowstorm BUT there were NO delays. The check-in process was quick and easy. I got through security with TSA Pre-Check with NO problems. Boarding was fast again with Premier Access. I got a drink as soon as I was seated. My seat had plenty of legroom. It was wide enoght and pretty comfortable. I had a cold grilled chicken salad with a few sides. I was able to slep the majority of the way. It wa nice and quiet. It's a bit expesive in first class BUT worth the comfort.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I must rate this flight and airline crews outstanding because I left my UA credit card in the kiosk checking in for boarding passes and luggage tags and the UA flight attendant came walking up to me minutes before the planes doors were closed with my credit card. Lots of good people made this happen including the next customer who used this kiosk at Ohare airport.