“United Airlines is really LOUSY at true Customer Service!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Very condescending agents when I tried to explain an error/glitch that was happening on THEIR website. It caused a misunderstanding when I booked a flight--I ended up wasting money,time & alot of "United Miles". I never became belligerent, but took screen shot pictures, sent & resent the discrepancy to them. They were so arrogant.... borderline rude. There was never a person that of authority to actually "listen" to my legitimate complaint! No acknowledgement. Even with evidence, they never at least UNDERSTOOD my view. As a result: NO resolution whatsoever. HOW they handled it "stings" the most! I didn't absolutely need reimbursing, ...but it was a HORRIBLE way to view/treat the 'common traveller'!

2  Thank kevhen1

Reviewed 22 November 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, we flew UA1603, on a 737-900 (#3458) from Chicago (ORD), to Phoenix (PHX), in FC, Row 3, E&F. We were supposed to fly a 737-900 (#3417), but it was not working. So, an hour late, we had #3458. Instead of the “yo-yo” PHX-ORD-PHX plane, we got the one from MSY to ORD. Still, it was there for us. At least we were still going out of C-25.

As we were ending a 1.5 month-long bit of travel, we wanted to finally get home, but UA kept us notified of the changes.

We spent time at ORD, and made our way to the gate, to board promptly, with the new plane.

This was an sCO (Continental, prior to the merger) ship, with DirectTV, but that did not function very well.

We were comfortable in our seats, though the DirectTV equipment does take up footwell room.

As I had been drinking wine all afternoon, I went with Ginger Ale for both the pre-departure beverage, while my wife opted for the white wine – she had been in meetings in Chicago, so I was way ahead of her.

For the meal, we both went for the Shrimp Jambalaya and the Salad, which were both good. I kept to the Ginger Ale, while she kept with the Chardonnay. The Chocolate Cheesecake was OK, but wife liked it better, than I did.

The flight, though starting late, did make up some time to PHX. Still, we were late, and without the DirectTV much of the time. Seems odd, that CNN, MSNBC and Bloomberg TV functioned, but FoxNews was out?

A decent flight, but not the best. Still, UA did get us home, and that was a blessing, since we had been flying from Sept, and were ready to finally be home. Our baggage came out onto Carousel 4, PHX T2, in a timely fashion. Luckily, our driver tracks our flights, as we have not been all that timely, in our arrivals to PHX lately. Still, we were heading home, and for more than two nights, so we were happy!

Cabin crew was good, and cockpit crew tried to interject some levity, into the situation. A good flight, but late.

1  Thank The_Loup_Garou
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I would think if you are going to charge for movies that you might include some of the better ones instead of the really badly reviewed ones we were offered. If it is a longer flight show some consideration to your paying customers and give them a choice of good movies. This flight also came with the surliest and most unfriendly flight attendants I have ever encountered

3  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Was good value for the money. Unlike my return on Frontier Airlines, at least they had complimentary Water and Coffee!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

People seated ready to depart, wait air control delays us for 1 hour-YA Right. Get clearance start to taxi out to runway, OOPS Have warning light come on, have to return to gate WAIT WAIT. OK we need to leave plane going to be awhile. Wait for update, Hey good news mechanic found problem bad news have to wait for part coming from LAX.Wait and wait, time to board plane fixed. Start to taxi OH NO pilot has issue with electrical warning light, back to gate we go. Wait and wait some more, finally they say this plane can't fly. Getting another plane ready. Finally we get in the air. Depart time 11:30am arrived SFO around 10:00pm

1  Thank Findingdeals