“More Than Generous”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Plane trouble caused a downsizing of our United aircraft on a connection from Washington Dulles to Syracuse, NY. United didn't have enough seating available and we were able to get a $3,500 travel voucher each, overnight accommodations and meal vouchers and got on a flight to Syracuse the next afternoon (we chose that time). I can't say enough about the outstanding way we were treated and the kindness, concern and professionalism the gate personnel displayed. Too often it's the negative things about airlines that make the news. United, you did a great service for my wife and I and we appreciate it.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (52,339)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was supposed to be a round trip flight. My trip out to Durango was wonderful. The Captain even wrote a personal note on a card for each person in first class, thanking them for flying UA. My flight back was did not even happen. About 11 PM the night before I got a text message that the first leg of my flight had been cancelled, but the 2nd leg had not. I had literally no way to get to Denver for the second leg and after 3 hours on hold I gave up and booked a flight through a different airline which also didn't go to Denver, but I got home, which was the goal. Once I got to the airport to check in, I checked in with the new Airline and then went to the United counter. The lady at the United counter was very helpful and was able to cancel my entire return trip back home. It took about 10 days for my refund to appear on my credit card, but it did finally come through. Though the first half of my trip was great and the second half wasn't so great, the service was great as was the actual flight.

Date of travel: July 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I had to leave on Friday to return on Sunday for a commitment. The flight is literally about an hour. $650 .... that was crazy. Over all, we made good time on the return flight so, I did make it to my other engagement. The Capt. was very good.

Date of travel: July 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Avoid if possible. Especially stupid were the tiny bottles of sweetened water.

Pitiful, just pitiful.

1  Thank 4whatitsworth2day
Reviewed 1 September 2017

With all the bad press United has received you never know what to expect. Well, United did a Great job. We have flown to Vancouver twice this summer and both trips were uneventful and enjoyable. Thanks United !!!