“Great until my return flight”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was supposed to be a round trip flight. My trip out to Durango was wonderful. The Captain even wrote a personal note on a card for each person in first class, thanking them for flying UA. My flight back was did not even happen. About 11 PM the night before I got a text message that the first leg of my flight had been cancelled, but the 2nd leg had not. I had literally no way to get to Denver for the second leg and after 3 hours on hold I gave up and booked a flight through a different airline which also didn't go to Denver, but I got home, which was the goal. Once I got to the airport to check in, I checked in with the new Airline and then went to the United counter. The lady at the United counter was very helpful and was able to cancel my entire return trip back home. It took about 10 days for my refund to appear on my credit card, but it did finally come through. Though the first half of my trip was great and the second half wasn't so great, the service was great as was the actual flight.

Date of travel: July 2017
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (52,537)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I had to leave on Friday to return on Sunday for a commitment. The flight is literally about an hour. $650 .... that was crazy. Over all, we made good time on the return flight so, I did make it to my other engagement. The Capt. was very good.

Date of travel: July 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Avoid if possible. Especially stupid were the tiny bottles of sweetened water.

Pitiful, just pitiful.

1  Thank 4whatitsworth2day
Reviewed 1 September 2017

With all the bad press United has received you never know what to expect. Well, United did a Great job. We have flown to Vancouver twice this summer and both trips were uneventful and enjoyable. Thanks United !!!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Flew United Polaris nonstop from LAX to LHR on the Dreamliner. The plane was very nice, clean and comfortable. The seats were nice and the entertainment was ample (comparable with other lay flat seats today). The service was okay, not rude, but not polished like premium class service on other airlines). The staff didn't smile much and seemed a bit flustered and confused with the service. They didn't know where things were for setting up the meal service and were scrambling around to figure it out; one flight attendant even apologized and said the little training they had for the new Dreamliner was related to safety (obviously most important, but United could have done both). The food service took a long time and we were surprised they didn't have either of our first choice of meals (we were sitting in row 2 which we selected to avoid this issue). The food we did get was honestly the worst airline food I can recall having, this was a theme throughout out travels with United. The pasta was cold and utterly flavorless. The omelette served for breakfast upon arrival was sitting in a pool of water, also lacked flavor and was just really bad. The food on our return flight from London was actually worse with chicken that was beyond dry and stringy. I understand not to expect gourmet at 35,000 feet, but even with the lowest standard the food was horrible!