“Horrible food, unpolished service but on nice equipment ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Flew United Polaris nonstop from LAX to LHR on the Dreamliner. The plane was very nice, clean and comfortable. The seats were nice and the entertainment was ample (comparable with other lay flat seats today). The service was okay, not rude, but not polished like premium class service on other airlines). The staff didn't smile much and seemed a bit flustered and confused with the service. They didn't know where things were for setting up the meal service and were scrambling around to figure it out; one flight attendant even apologized and said the little training they had for the new Dreamliner was related to safety (obviously most important, but United could have done both). The food service took a long time and we were surprised they didn't have either of our first choice of meals (we were sitting in row 2 which we selected to avoid this issue). The food we did get was honestly the worst airline food I can recall having, this was a theme throughout out travels with United. The pasta was cold and utterly flavorless. The omelette served for breakfast upon arrival was sitting in a pool of water, also lacked flavor and was just really bad. The food on our return flight from London was actually worse with chicken that was beyond dry and stringy. I understand not to expect gourmet at 35,000 feet, but even with the lowest standard the food was horrible!

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (52,537)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Airline performance was fine. Flight attendants did their job. Brought my own earphones and the entertainment selection was fine. No issues with ticketing.

Date of travel: June 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

First off I had to pay 300 extra dollars for my husband and I to get seats together because when i booked my trip on cheap tickets i was not able to get seats together. So i called the airline and explained that my husband gets extremely anxious during flights and he has other medical issues and that i needed to be next to him. the airline was not accommodating at all and they told me i had to wait the day of my trip and get seats at the gate (i called about 2 months in advance with this issue and other airlines have been very accommodating before). the extra money for the seats is not worth it as the seats are next to the toilet and for some reason the staff loads every one with water so that people are constantly going to the bathroom. Further, they give you a measly half filled pack of pretzels and get an attitude when you ask for more. if not you have to purchase food. meanwhile in first class they get a full course meal :( so i will definitely not fly united any more and will certainly not recommend it to anyone, Jet Blue and Delta are much more accommodating.

1  Thank Cubana35
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to rate them a zero, but had to enter in a one instead. Absolute worst customer service ever. I was told "do whatever you want, I am tired of arguing with you people" when I asked a question. I was nice with my response and was still treated like garbage.

Date of travel: September 2017
1  Thank JP0010
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Well, I didn't see anyone get dragged off, lol! Seriously, I've been flying Continental / United for years and I've never had a problem. The only cancelled flight I've ever had was due to a hurricane. One year my flight was delayed by 6 hours, meaning I would miss an important meeting. The person at my gate took the time to find me another two flights that would get me to my destination within two hours of the original. The suitcase didn't make the flight switch, and in addition to keeping me updated on its status, they delivered it to my hotel. On smaller flights my son has been invited to see the cockpit. On this flight I asked to fill my water bottle in the galley and was given bottled water with which to do so.