“Great airline that flies to many destinations.”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight through Istanbul was very convenient, and the ticket price was attractive. I flew many time with Turkish, and was always happy with the experience. Highly recommended.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Do NOT waste your money flying business class, not with Turkish Airlines. They go through great lengths to make a mockery of business passengers, at every point in the journey.
First, during the boarding, whether they are boarding through a connected jetway or through buses on the tarmac, they invite all passengers to board TOGETHER (against any travel etiquette for business passengers by any other airline). Their boarding is equivalent to sheep being taken to pasture. You end up queuing behind coach class passengers (and lots of them). If it's your lucky day (NOT), by the time you get to the plane, some coach passengers may have stuffed their bags in the overhead bins of the business cabins, and you have to juggle to find some space.
Oh, the chairs don't really recline, and there is no leg rest. (in BUSINESS CLASS). I thought my chair was broken until the flight attendant came and told me that they were all like that.
Second, during the flight, very often you get up to go to the bathroom, to find that some babushka (not sure of the spelling) from the coach cabin is using the business class lavatory and could be there for the next 20 minutes. That's OK.
Upon arrival. Many coach passengers rush through the business cabin and come to stand at the front door ahead of the business class passengers, this under the passive watch of the crew who does nothing to stop them. Then, when you get to the tarmac, there are several buses, one of which is for business class passengers. But the coach passengers are already in that bus (which is smaller); so real business passengers when they arrive on the tarmac are told to proceed to the general bus where they'll have to wait for maybe another 40 passengers to fill that bus before it can go to the terminal. That's what happened to me.
Last, your checked bags (even with the priority tag) will arrive amongst the last. You will watch coach passengers grab their bags from the carousel and leave, while you and other fellow business passengers are waiting. At some point, I thought maybe there was another carousel where business passengers' bags were rolling (KLM does that in some countries). , I think Turkish Airlines go through great lengths to make sure your experience as a business traveler is anything but. They really do everything to piss you off, in case you weren't already during the boarding.

Please don't waste your money flying Turkish business class, unless you want to know how cattle or sheep feel when they are being led to pasture. The boarding process of Turkish Airlines will sure give you a "first class" seat (pun intended) in that experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank DustyFeet-MacheAnpil
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our flight was very pleasant. Seats were very comfortable, service you couldn't fault. The only issue I have is our luggage, both of which were located 5 days later in Bangkok.
Finally we got them Thursday evening at 9. OK. 2 wheels broken. Contacted Qantas, they sent me to Turkish airlines as they were the carriers. Turkish airlines rejected our claim, as Qantas was the final leg. Never mind that the suitcases came finally from Bangkok with Thai Airways. So now I am running around; who will fix our luggage?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went non a city break to Istanbul and flew there and back on Turkish Airlines.The aircraft was an Airbus A321 and quite comfortable and clean. We were a bit late leaving and we had a long wait to land at Ataturk airport.The staff on board where friendly polite and very helpful.Although the flight was full it was not an unpleasant experience and the time passed really quickly. The food was better on the way back than on the outbound sector but it was edible. They gave us free wine both ways which was nice. I have no complaint with the airline and would be happy to fly with them again. As a matter of interest Turkish Airlines fly to more countries than any other airline and are a very large outfit. A lot of the places they go to in Africa and Asia are not the sort of places that one would necessary want to visit. Mogadishu Somalia is not on my bucket list!, though i might think of sending my mother in law there!.

1  Thank RogerJerseyCI
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So my wife and I were on our vacation to Seychelles and back and both were over night flights, and guess what, we spelt max 2 hrs out of 14hrs. Unnecessary advertising and announcements.

The in flight service was OK. But then the rest was horrible. On the way back in Istanbul after we boarded the flight the flight didn't move for one hour, with no explanation. Then when we landed in Düsseldorf they lost majority of the luggages even though they had more than an hour to load it in the flight. I don't know if it is the fault of the airline or the ground staff, but i have never flown such bad servicing expensive airline.

Seats didn't recline properly, cabin temperature too cold.. Etc etc..

Hopefully never again