“A catalogue of errors...”
Review of TAP Portugal

Firstly, I paid for one hold luggage (with my original
booking) though the ground agent could not find confirmation of this upon check in
(I had a receipt). Fortunately this was dealt with though she issued a ticket in my
sister's name (who was also flying with me) which subsequently caused confusion
at the gate as it was not matching up with my passport. Again, this was thankfully
resolved/explained but not before I held up the whole queue whilst I loudly had to
summon my sister (who had already gone through the gate). This caused me
some embarrassment.
I am a very anxious flyer (for which I am prescribed medication) and part of me being 'able' to fly is:
1) pre-booking seats near the front- which I am happy to pay extra for 2) a
window seat 3) being seated with my daughter. We boarded the plane almost last
only to discover a family was sitting in my pre-booked, pre-paid seats, Staff were
dismissive when I tried to explain and simply said it's not a TAP plane (it was a Ukrainian airline?!) and that seats were a 'free-for-all'. As a nervous flyer this caused me considerable distress and is precisely why I book and pay extra in advance. The whole plane (which was full and seated) was staring at me as I tried to explain I had pre-booked those seats (I didn't want to have to explain in earshot of the entire plane that I had a severe fear of flying).

The staff were dismissive saying I needed to make a
complaint to TAP which, if they are flying on behalf of TAP, they should take
responsibility for the flight - this attitude was more reflective of that of a budget
airline who typically show little regard for customer service. Eventually I very
fortunately found a seat at the front. Unfortunately, my daughter had to sit at the
very back of the plane. As you can imagine, I found the whole experience very
stressful and was in tears as the plane took off, flanked by two complete
strangers. So far have sent two emails to complain, only to be met with compete silence. My nephew has been on the phone to them for over two hours and has been hung up on three times. Not acceptable.

1  Thank JEO01

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On time from start to finish with a decent meal served but no entertainment options. Comfortable seats for normal size people.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

TAP canceled our flight from Amsterdam to Lisbon and did not notify us—in fact, never notified us. We happened upon that vital piece of information when we went online to check from which terminal in Schiphol our TAP flight left. The flight information said “canceled.” (A couple of hours later, our electronic boarding passes caught up and marked the flight as “canceled.”) When we called TAP to make other arrangements, they couldn’t get us into Lisbon until the next day. When I said that was unacceptable because we had to be in Lisbon that evening, the TAP employee hung up on me. Thankfully, we got a flight on EasyJet instead and are now going through the process of being reimbursed the cost of our tickets, plus the allowable compensation fee ($250 each ticket) provided by the EU regulation 261/2004. (FYI: when looking on the TAP website for the place to lodge a claim, I found Web sites that specialize in procuring airline claims for the customers [for a fee, of course], and many of them said that TAP is the worst airline for paying customers for canceled flights.) When we got to the lounge in the Lisbon airport (thankfully NOT taking TAP on the flight home), we noticed TAP flights were canceled. (See photo.) Guess it’s a pattern?

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tap is normally one of my favourite airlines. Crew is always polite and helpful. In the last months I have traveled with them many times and the plane seats are new, thin and not comfortable at all. The flights have often some delay: this time almost one hour. Some months ago my suitcase was damaged arriving in Brussels and I had the most unpleasant experience going to their luggage repair shop, a shop called Globe-trotter in Nossegem. The owners were extremely arrogant and aggressive and forced me to accept a cheap Chinese suitcase keeping mine saying it could not be repaired. For these reasons I will try to avoid Tap in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On time from start to finish with two decent meals served and lots of free entertainment options. Comfortable seats for tall people.