“Good Flight”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 6 April 2018

On time from start to finish with a decent meal served but no entertainment options. Comfortable seats for normal size people.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

TAP canceled our flight from Amsterdam to Lisbon and did not notify us—in fact, never notified us. We happened upon that vital piece of information when we went online to check from which terminal in Schiphol our TAP flight left. The flight information said “canceled.” (A couple of hours later, our electronic boarding passes caught up and marked the flight as “canceled.”) When we called TAP to make other arrangements, they couldn’t get us into Lisbon until the next day. When I said that was unacceptable because we had to be in Lisbon that evening, the TAP employee hung up on me. Thankfully, we got a flight on EasyJet instead and are now going through the process of being reimbursed the cost of our tickets, plus the allowable compensation fee ($250 each ticket) provided by the EU regulation 261/2004. (FYI: when looking on the TAP website for the place to lodge a claim, I found Web sites that specialize in procuring airline claims for the customers [for a fee, of course], and many of them said that TAP is the worst airline for paying customers for canceled flights.) When we got to the lounge in the Lisbon airport (thankfully NOT taking TAP on the flight home), we noticed TAP flights were canceled. (See photo.) Guess it’s a pattern?

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Tap is normally one of my favourite airlines. Crew is always polite and helpful. In the last months I have traveled with them many times and the plane seats are new, thin and not comfortable at all. The flights have often some delay: this time almost one hour. Some months ago my suitcase was damaged arriving in Brussels and I had the most unpleasant experience going to their luggage repair shop, a shop called Globe-trotter in Nossegem. The owners were extremely arrogant and aggressive and forced me to accept a cheap Chinese suitcase keeping mine saying it could not be repaired. For these reasons I will try to avoid Tap in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

On time from start to finish with two decent meals served and lots of free entertainment options. Comfortable seats for tall people.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

TAP was efficient. They had good service on the flight. The movies were new releases. I had ordered a special diet and they actually got it right both flights. There is not a lot of room but it was sufficient