“Horrific Airline- not worth it, you will pay in the end.”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This airline deserves no stars. Small seats cramped planes. Poor service. They nickle and dime you over personal item/carry-on and charge big $$ $80 if you have a extra large pocketbook it's now a carry-on. Rude, uncaring customer service.....They changed gates last night after being checked in & waiting at gate listed on the boarding pass & on the boards. When I asked about flight, there was not enough time to get to the new gate and customer service could care less. They would not help in any way. They were obnoxiously uncaring & rude. The original gate continued to be listed for the flight. I truly believe Spirit changes times of departure and gates last minute so they can extort extra money out of consumers, and also leave passengers behind when they overbook claiming it's the passengers fault so they keep all your$$. Truly despicable.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank jgoldie

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spirit Airlines changed our connecting flight from 59 minutes to 26 minutes not allowing our group enough time to get off the Aircraft and go across the airport to board the connecting flight. When I called them worried about this I asked if they would be able to place us somewhere near the front of the Aircraft and was told that I would be charged $55/person to do this. I don't feel that there changing the flight by 31 minutes is my fault. I wouldn't have cared where we sat if it wasn't for this. Unreal, they then allowed me to speak with a supervisor who told me this as well. After I asked to speak with a manager they hung up on me.

1  Thank olivia a
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yes the seating is crowded, but what airline isn't? I could have upgraded my seats to a more roomier seat, however, I didn't want to pay the extra money you must spend to do this. I would rather spend that money on my vacation. This is a no frills airline, you get what you pay for and they have very good on time service. Their flight attendants are nice & helpful. I would recommend them anytime for short flights!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worse experience I ever had! It was 45 min before the flight when we were ready for check-in( because we were waiting in line) and we were told that the flight is closed already. ARE YOU SERIOUS? We were asked to pay extra 99$ for each person in order to be rebooked for the next morning....No thanks! I will never spend my money again buying their tickets. I will share my experience as much as I can and I will NEVER RECOMMEND SPIRIT AIRLINE to anyone. DON’T DO IT! DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY! Use a decent airline company who will appreciate your business.

2  Thank Voyager19617670631
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everything went like clockwork, did preflight booking , assisted at spirits computer got our bag tags and boarding passes, told where to go what gate to head for , crew on flight was great arrived in Orlando 30 min early same on way home arrived in Detroit 30 minutes early. Spirit was awesome.

Date of travel: October 2018