“What can you say except they are cheap”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you just want basic travel from point A to point B than Spirit is about as basic as you can get. You pay for your carryon and your checked baggage. You can take one
personal bag like a purse. It has to be a certain dimension so read the fine print.

I have long legs and my knees where pressed against the seat in front of me. No way to really get comfortable. It was a 2 1/2 hr flight. Any longer and I probably would have needed help unfolding my legs.

The check-in was organized and pretty easy. The personnel were friendly.

I probably will fly Spirit again, but on a short flight only.

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank TXSP77575

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What can I say? I'm wirting this review so obviously everything went as planned! On my way to Ft Lauderdale there were storms around there and I did try to get some pictures cause there was this ever moving rainbow that was just awesome! At one point it looked like it was coming right off the wing! The reason I didn't give 5 stars was because I weighed my luggage at home before I left, like I do every single time and it always matches what the other airlines shore but when I got to the airport I was 6 pounds over! I know my cats didn't get in over night cause I saw them as I walked out the door. Ok what can I do but pay the cost, even though I have joined their $9 fair club. Don't get it but whatever. So when I was packing to come back I thought it cheaper to just send a bunch of my stuff back with the PO. Pretty much sent all my clothes back and get to the airport and now I'm 9 pounds over!!! Are you serious? Either they need to check their scales or I need to return this suitcase that somehow keeps gaining weight!!! And believe me, I did the self check in and tried several scales. But they got me to where I needed to be when I needed to be there. Do i can't do lower stars because somehow their scales obviously aren't right. Nice little rip off though for sure!

2  Thank Fearless728382
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've flown to different destinations on Spirit a number of times in the past. After each flight I tell myself "never again", but then, probably because of their seemingly inexpensive pricing, I get sucked back into booking another flight with them. It's only inexpensive if you want to be guaranteed a middle seat usually near the back of the plane. All other desirable seats (aisle for instance) are bought up ahead of time by those who are OK with spending extra money on a chosen seat. That's fair, I guess. Southwest, in contrast, gives you a much better chance of getting a good seat without the necessity of "buying" the seat you want. Not to mention the liberal carry-on baggage policy on Southwest.
Anyway, the combination of horrible seating, expensive baggage fees, a difficult to navigate website (try getting an electronic boarding pass), delays, and poor customer communications this was the last time my temptation to fly with Spirit will get the best of me.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you save any money at all on this flight, you'll quickly lose that savings when you pay for your carry on and checked bags. No wifi on the plane. No snacks or drinks unless you pay. Tight tight squeeze and almost no room to move and we're not big people. Never ever again. Ever.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good morning it is with complete disgust that I reach out to you by email this morning. I was aboard flight 709 form LA to Detroit on 11/14. My experience was incomprehensible and I’m sure as a CEO you may get these emails all the time from disgruntled customers. I feel as if my experience is well beyond disgruntled. I was traveling with my 20 month old grandson to bring him home from the holidays. I had upgraded my seat and was sat in seat 2f for the flight. I’m telling you these details because they will be important later in the documentation of my experience. So without further ado let me get down to the overall detailed experience. First scenario I encountered-while boarding which because I had a small child as you know I was one of the first passengers to board the plane. He was sleeping in his stroller so right before we boarded I had to get him out and carry him to the seat along with 2 carry on’s. There were 2 flight attendants standing at the entrance door. I was struggling to hold my grandson and our luggage which they could clearly see and neither of them offered one bit of assistance. I then had to set a sleeping baby in the seat to place my bags in the overhead bin holding up the boarding process in the meantime. During the flight about 5 minutes after we got to cruising altitude my grandson woke-up screaming. I assume his ears were popping and he was confused and disoriented. This went on for some time and again as you will see a common theme of this throughout my experience none of your flight attendants asked or offered any kind of assistance. They actually bypassed us when moving down the aisle with drinks and snacks. Which may have actually helped with his discomfort? I then pulled out my cell-phone and began to play a movie for him to try to calm him down which seemed to work briefly on and off. The only time your flight attendant spoke to me during the flight was to come over and demand that I turn off his movie unless he put in earbuds! He is a one year old I think it is safe to assume that earbuds are not common practice for that age. I did not respond to her simply turned the movie down and she gave me a nasty look and walked away. During the 4 hour flight my grandson was very uncomfortable, tired, and confused. He is 1 so this lead to him crying and screaming throughout the flight. Surrounding passengers were upset, I was upset visibly crying and even having a panic attack at one point. Again at no time was I offered so much as a kind word from your flight crew. But here is the real reason I am sending you a direct email-about half way through the flight your captain had to use the restroom it may have been the co-pilot I am not positive While he was in the restroom my grandson was very upset screaming and crying and by the time he came out I had calmed him down. When he did come out his comment to the flight attendant was and I quote “someone’s kid is being an a**hole” as I was sitting in seat 2F I could clearly hear him. I do not know what the flight attendants response was because his back was to me but the pilot then made eye contact with me and it was clear he knew that I knew what he had said. He abruptly turned around and re-entered the cockpit. I began at this point to cry and was visibly shaken by not only his words but the clear lack of compassion shown by the flight crew and now the pilot on this flight. The flight was a complete nightmare as far as my grandsons response to flying for the first time but it was exasperated even more by the clear disregard for myself and my grandsons experience and discomfort. I have flown other airlines and experienced other women flying alone with small children is distress and the response from the flight crew was nothing short of amazing. If you do read this email in its entirety I sincerely hope that some type of action is taken with the pilot and crew of this flight. I have never been so disheartened by lack of simple compassion then I was aboard this flight. This goes beyond terrible customer service and straight to the heart of the characters of your employee’s. I will not be flying Spirit again- I realize I’m just a tiny piece of what makes up your pie but as the CEO my tiny piece may actually be quite large when looking at the customer experience aboard your flight. People pay less to fly with you but do not expect to get treated like less than human for their choice.

1  Thank lovelymommy29