“A great budget airline”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Super friendly staff and on time both departing and arriving. Second time I’ve used Spirit. They save you money but also have options to choose.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

first time experience with budget airline - spirit. first, I think for this to work, you have to not have high expectations and pack light. otherwise, you will complain about everything. we bought tickets last minute and it was cheap. almost half of the normal airlines. expect to pay extra for everything from seat, baggage, checking in with live person, and long lines if you check in baggage. definitely get there early if you need to check in baggage or don't print out your boarding pass. the lines are long to check in baggage. flight takes off on time but can be delayed bc of weather, chairs don't recline, you are packed in the seats, no inflight entertainment, snacks are bought but reasonable prices. no frills. we made both our flights and connections. overall, I would recommend if you don't have high expectations or needs. travel light, travel single or couple. we didn't buy seats so we check in early to get seats next to each other.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve flown with several airlines and this one is my favorite. They have the best deals, fly out of the country... not to mention their funky advertising. I’ll continue to fly spirit.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The worst airline that there could ever be. They claim to have the lowest flights around but be wary that the baggage fees can be as expensive as the flight itself giving no savings whatsoever. I could have had a flight which includes luggage from Virgin for $149.00 and decided to go with Spirit for $107 only to be asked after did I want to take any luggage. Tell me, who travels 3000 miles and only wants to take a laptop with him and with them that's all you will be allowed. A carry on cost you $36-$45 for a carry-on. They say it is between $26-30 if you do it when booking, but they never offered during booking. A piece that goes under will cost you a little less $21 to 30, and 31 to 40 of you do it during check-in. Again I wasn't given the opportunity to pay online. Better and cheaper to go with a regular airline where you pay a bit more but everything is included.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Apparently you have to read the terms and conditions, this was my first and LAST flight with this airline. We purchased tickets to and from Chicago but decided to leave earlier. Our return flight ended up being cancelled as well..without warning or notifications. Yet no refund was given. Terrible customer service! No wonder they have 2 stars..!!!!!!!!