“Southwest is my favorite airline”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The time worked well and the flight went well. The staff people are friendly and they give us nice snacks.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We just came back from a Southwest vacation to Riviera Maya in Mexico and as always Southwest are the best. The new 800 Max are really very comfortable with more leg room, extra adaptable head rests. We just had three things to comment for Southwest to take note of them. I bought Early Bird for all our flights but for some glitch of Southwest website we were only given the Early Bird on the flights to and from BWI to Fort Lauderdale and back, but not from Fort Lauderdale to Cancun and back. Southwest representatives were very nice and understood our problem so they gave us position as family just after the group A which was very nice allowing us to get good seats since we were 4 passengers traveling together. Another thing to note is that on our flight from Fort Lauderdale to Cancun my wife and I were sitting in the window and middle position and a very overweight man came and sat in the aisle seat extending himself all the way not only into his seat but into half seat of my wife. We could not say anything because the flight was 100% full but in this case, I imagine Southwest representatives starting at the desk should know that this kind of individual should buy two seats instead of only one, because any other passengers should not have to pay the price for the bad health decisions of such person. It was a very uncomfortable flight since we were literally squished into a seat and half and my wife ´s back was against the lifted arm rest poking her back all this flight and it was double painful since she has had back and shoulder problems in the past due to an accident. Besides these things that Southwest should be more detailed oriented, the service was as always the best. In a very special way we want to congratulate the flight crew that flew us back from Cancun to Fort Lauderdale on flight 621 on October 17th. As I mentioned before we are Southwest customers from time ago but on this flight, this crew was super professional, more than any other we have had in any flight ever. Super attentive, very detailed oriented, they gave the best image of Southwest ever ! So, please let me mention their names because they deserve to be recognized by their great job. They are Tobes, Kelli and Doug, congrats to them ! They really made everybody feel at home inside that airplane !
We will always fly Southwest because we love them !

Reviewed 20 October 2017

SouthWest never fails to deliver. Their staff are uniformly friendly, helpful, and act happy to be at work. The flights are on time and their queue system works efficiently and quickly.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

In trying to get my daughters flight changed as severe weather is expected tomorrow at the time she's expected to fly, I have experienced nothing but a joke. A $200 fee because I have to wait for THEM to post a travel warning to not be a change fee, but they probably wont post till an hour prior! Ridiculous. She will ALREADY be at the airport so a little too late!?!? My email response was a basic blah blah blah thats posted on thier site. Customer service with a manager Lena wasnt any better. They truly don't care and "have to obey policy". Come on Southwest...you can do better! If bad weather is predicted, I'd say a moderate risk of tornados is a threat, and there are plenty of seats available the morning of AND the day after, why not be customer service friendly? BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT! Its all about money and trying to suck every penny out of your customers. I used think United was the worst, but they would only charge $75 to do a same day change.
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS SOUTHWEST and RETHINK THIS. I just wanted to change her flight thats tomorrow to save a teenager stress of being in an Airport with threat of Tornados and not have to pay a fee. Wouldn't this make sense to save all the last minute changes? I explained we saw the devastating tornados in 2013 & how it could affect my daughter being alone at the airport. Guess what, no one even acknowledged my concern. Jeepers, if it one of their kids, the change would have been a no brainer.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I generally use SWA when flying from San Diego to SLC because of the frequency and low cost flights. That said, be sure to allow yourself a lot of time prior to flight check in process (even if you've prechecked) because of the tremendously long lines for baggage and security check. Flights are always full. I like being able to check 2 bags for free if I want although I've rarely done that. The flight attendants were extremely cordial and helpful. It was the same drink service that any of the airlines offer for economy travel. And since they have no business or first class sections we all got the same service. They've gotten a lot better for their on time flight departures and arrivals.