“My go-to Airline”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

SouthWest never fails to deliver. Their staff are uniformly friendly, helpful, and act happy to be at work. The flights are on time and their queue system works efficiently and quickly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In trying to get my daughters flight changed as severe weather is expected tomorrow at the time she's expected to fly, I have experienced nothing but a joke. A $200 fee because I have to wait for THEM to post a travel warning to not be a change fee, but they probably wont post till an hour prior! Ridiculous. She will ALREADY be at the airport so a little too late!?!? My email response was a basic blah blah blah thats posted on thier site. Customer service with a manager Lena wasnt any better. They truly don't care and "have to obey policy". Come on Southwest...you can do better! If bad weather is predicted, I'd say a moderate risk of tornados is a threat, and there are plenty of seats available the morning of AND the day after, why not be customer service friendly? BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT! Its all about money and trying to suck every penny out of your customers. I used think United was the worst, but they would only charge $75 to do a same day change.
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS SOUTHWEST and RETHINK THIS. I just wanted to change her flight thats tomorrow to save a teenager stress of being in an Airport with threat of Tornados and not have to pay a fee. Wouldn't this make sense to save all the last minute changes? I explained we saw the devastating tornados in 2013 & how it could affect my daughter being alone at the airport. Guess what, no one even acknowledged my concern. Jeepers, if it one of their kids, the change would have been a no brainer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I generally use SWA when flying from San Diego to SLC because of the frequency and low cost flights. That said, be sure to allow yourself a lot of time prior to flight check in process (even if you've prechecked) because of the tremendously long lines for baggage and security check. Flights are always full. I like being able to check 2 bags for free if I want although I've rarely done that. The flight attendants were extremely cordial and helpful. It was the same drink service that any of the airlines offer for economy travel. And since they have no business or first class sections we all got the same service. They've gotten a lot better for their on time flight departures and arrivals.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WOW Southwest, I used to love you, but yesterday was hell. AND my baggage came back shredded, and your guy tried to blame it on the manufacturer and the TSA leaving pockets on my bag open. Funny, when the TSA in the past had gone through my bags they left a note. It's actually required. There's no note, nor has anything in my bag been moved from exactly where I left it. Except the interior pocket which had been ripped open from the outside- have no idea how many of my panties that were in the shredded interior pocket are littering your conveyor belts now. Oh, and yeah, lower on the bag above the tear, there's a part on the bag where the fabric has been pulled and torn from the metal frame. Which to anyone else other than your San Jose employee, would have explained how my exterior pockets came open too, how the bag was delivered to me - it was jammed somewhere along your conveyor belts. Yeah, but that all had nothing to do with you baggage handlers either. It was clearly defective from the manufacturer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! after two lengthy, LATE and overcrowded flights - yeah, it was the bag faries that shredded my bag, not your complete lack of care with it while handling my goods. THanks Southwest. Last flight for me.

2  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fun flight crew and great service very clean and I was able to get a good sleep which I needed desperately