“QUICK DIRECT FLIGHT”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Wonderful direct flight from Raleigh to Dallas. 2 hours and 40 minutes and you are there. Sit back and relax.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I haven't flown Southwest in a while - and now I remember why. The people are VERY friendly and helpful, the fare was excellent, and not having to pay to stow bags was incredibly nice. HOWEVER. Not having a seat assignment was HORRIBLE. When you're a family of 4 and you can't proactively set your seat assignment is a terrible experience. No one wants to sit in a middle seat... but traveling with two young daughters and we had to be sat in different rows was really unsettling. Especially to my youngest daughter (age 12). Southwest really needs to allow families traveling together to board after the handicap... and before group A.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I don't usually fly Southwest because I hate not being able to pick your seat. However, this was a short trip for work and I figured I'd chance it. I did pay extra to be in the A group ($15 per flight). I checked in exactly 24 hours in advance and was the last person in the A group. (Additional info, I am flying another Southwest flight tomorrow and did not pay the upgrade and ended up in B-4 without paying the $15.) The gate crew at Sky Harbor were amazing. Flight crew to San Antonio were also great. Snacks were average. My return trip to Phoenix the crew was not as personable but it was still a good flight. I love that Southwest doesn't charge extra for checked baggage - it really makes travelling more pleasant when you don't have to worry about paying to check your bags. I will continue to fly Southwest for work.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

After a family vacation in New York City, we were to fly home on Friday, August 4th. As we were waiting for our shuttle to the airport, we noted our flight was cancelled. Despite calling Southwest and being assured they would bet back to us, no return call was received. We received no assistance at all. Three flights to Milwaukee were cancelled that day, not just ours. All the Southwest flights for the next three days were filled. We (8 of us) had to take Amtrak home (25 hours).

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This was my first experience with Southwest and it definitely made me want to fly with them again. Everyone is first class with this airline and the prices are very good. I had a great in-flight experience both ways. My only complaint is the delay during take off at the beginning of my trip.