“Not About Flight But Bag Handling”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I fly Southwest quite a bit and have always enjoyed the professional service that I have received from the flight crew and cabin staff. This flight from Vegas was no different. Left on time, pleasant crew and service excellent as always. My critique is on the bag handling service for this trip.

My flight to Nashville started in San Jose, California with a connection in Vegas to Nashville. If checking bags in you should expect that the bag will be checked through to your final destination.

Upon arriving in Nashville I waited for my bags (San Jose to Vegas to Nashville) and after 30 minutes and the bag belt being closed I thought my bag was lost so I went to Southwest Baggage claim office to file a lost or misplace bag claim. To my surprise my bag was sitting at the office on the floor. I asked how my bag got there and was told that it had arrived on an earlier flight. I asked why I was not informed, I was told that this agent just got to work and did not know the situation.

I am not upset with the agent (they just got to work). I am also not upset with the airlines however I do have a suggestion. Just as a flyer is notified if a flight change is made via text or phone call, possibly the same thing could happen (call or text) if ones bag is going to be sent to the final destination either prior or later than the passengers arrival. This could make the flight less stressful. Just food for thought.

Dr. Marc, PS 63:7

There are newer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 18 August 2017

If you want a great 'bang-for-your-buck' flight, are under 5'7" tall, and love seats with the padding of a 15 year old computer seat, Southwest is for you.

I highly believe in the "You get what you pay for" motif. I have been flying with Southwest for YEARS and it has always been the same. Customer Service is FANTASTIC, the food on a long flight is two bags of peanuts/pretzels and a cup of any beverage you want(alcohol and energy drinks at an extra cost).

One thing I haven't been able to get over is the lack of modernization with Southwest. Their planes and interiors are highly outdated, equip with seats that are only comfortable if you're under 5'7" and under the age of 18. I can't even remember the last time I was able to exit the terminal and say,

"Boy, that was a nice and comfortable flight."

Another is the amount of OVERBOOKING Southwest does. Every flight, and I mean EVERY flight, is packed to the last seat.

I highly recommend Southwest if you are going a short distance. If your flight exceeds 3 hours, I recommend another company.

1  Thank Cameron H
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I have flown many many times on Southwest and they have the best flight attendants. They get your attention for the safety instructions with a humorous catch. Everyone was laughing and paying attention. Well at least for a little while.
I love flying Southwest!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Our frustrating and unexpectantly expensive situation with Southwest Airlines began on Sunday, August 6th 2017 after having spent a wonderful weekend in Georgia at Ft. Benning to celebrate our son’s graduation from Boot Camp. Our group consisted of our son’s 3 parents and 1 elderly grandmother who needs physical assistance getting around. Ready to head to the Atlanta airport to catch our flight (2419) back to Dallas Love Field, we received an elctronic message stating that our flight was CANCELLED DUE to THUNDERSTORMS over Dallas. We called home (Dallas) to check with our house sitter and other friends to hear what the weather was like. They ALL said there were NO STORMS at all. It was clear skies and very hot. I checked my weather app and saw NO STORMS in the DFW area. We called Southwest customer service who said we could spend the night in a hotel in Atlanta and catch a flight to Dallas the next morning. But we needed to get back to work the next morning (a Monday). We also asked for reimbursement for the 4 tickets we will need to by from other airlines. SWA CS Rep said we would need to call Customer Relations. But a refund is not possible since the CANCELLATION WAS DUE TO WEATHER!
When we arrived at the Atlanta airport we ran to the American Airlines ticket window and bought the last 2 AA tickets flying to DFW that evening. For $536.40! AA ticket counter rep told us all flights to Dallas and DFW airports were flying with NO WEATHER ISSUES. So we let our son’s mother and elderly grandmother have these 2 tickets since we were not sure there would be any other available flights out that night. Then we ran to the other end of the terminal to the Delta ticket counter. We bought 2 tickets to DFW for $654.32! Delta also confirmed NO WEATER ISSUES flying into the DFW area. The total for 4 tickets including terminal fees cost us $1,217.72!!!!!!!
I called SWA Customer Relations the next day to inquire about a refund for the 4 tickets we had to purchase due to the SWA cancellation. We spoke to a SWA Customer Relations rep at the corporate office in Dallas TX. He said NO refund is given when a cancellation is made due to weather. He said the FAA said there were thunderstorms over Dallas. I shared that I called friends in various locations in Dallas and NO ONE saw a single could in the sky. I shared that ALL other airlines were flying from Atlanta to Dallas that afternoon and evening with no knowledge of storms in Dallas. Vincent refused to offer even partial compensation. He said talking to anyone above him would be wasting my time and would not transfer me to a supervisor. I hung up.
It was obvious SWA was not going to acknowledge they made a mistake cancelling our flight or even apologize for causing such unnecessary stress and expense costing us over $1,200.00 in additional ticket fees. This is VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL AROUND!

2  Thank BiginD
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had to change my departure date 2 times, and have not been charged for it, - brilliant.
SouthWest is a biggest budget airline in a world. Value for money is great.
I used SouthWest a lot at past 20 years, and I had only few delays. Never had canceled flight with them.
Most of delays and cancellations (on most airlines) do happened due to bad weather somewhere or during a highest traveling seasons.
I combine different airlines for my trips, what is risky for connections, since flights on ALL airlines sometimes do get canceled. For example: I fly with one airline inside a continent, and another airline for transcontinental flight.
On other budget airlines, I have to give extra full day , in between, if I have next transcontinental flight, with different airline. But with SouthWest, most of routes are flying so often, that I check to have only 1 more extra flight, in case of cancellation.
P.S. I do a lot of traveling and it is always surprise me how people who pay for BUDGET flight (or hotel) do a lot of demands and critics. It was disappointing for me to see negative reviews of best budget airline.