“How does an airline that prides itself on customer service run out of food?!?”
Review of Singapore Airlines

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Absolutely disgusted to be told that they had run out of dinner meals. Apparently even being a gold status frequent flyer can’t guarantee that you’ll receive a simple meal on a twelve a half hour flight! Singapore Airlines, you have absolutely fallen apart.

2  Thank Sean L

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Took the A380 from LHR to AKL via SIN and back again. This is the way to travel. At times I forgot we were on an aircraft. The service was superb overall and I cannot remember ever being so comfortable on a flight before - largely due to the seat and bed. I will go out of my way to fly with SIA in the future if it's an option.

SQ321: outstanding, food, service, everything just spot on.

SQ285: again, outstanding. When the flight was delayed due to waiting on passengers from a connecting flight, the attendant looking after me just kept the champagne flowing and kept me in total relaxation.

SQ286: this was probably the best service of all four legs. I can't quite put my finger on why but the crew were just really "on-it" and very efficient. We commented on how excellent the service had been and were given a small gift in return for our feedback - such a nice touch!

SQ308: the final leg back to London and this is where the crew let us down - they seemed to be short staffed and it really showed. But having said that the service was still pretty good and above average.

The cheese and Singapore sling deserve a special mention along with the Shiraz and champagne served.

The lounges were all a bit lacklustre and functional but did the trick for us. I thought it a bit cheeky that we got prosecco when asking for champagne in London. Shower facilities all very good.

Overall this is an exceptional airline and I would love to fly with them again asap!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We booked Singapore Airlines, business class from Sydney to Singapore (and then on to Phuket )and, unexpectedly, were a little underwhelmed.

Firstly, the lounges were not as well serviced as Qantas and the food choices were limited.

The seating was not as comfortable as Etihad.

The menu choices on board were not varied and, in some instances ( the noodle accompaniments) not palatable.

The desserts were about what you would expect in a cheap buffet.

The level of service from staff varied but on a couple of occasions, requests ( for a refill, in flight shopping ) were ignored.

Finally, there was almost no information given about the procedures for transit or disembarking.

We will be looking for an alternative next time round.

Other than the more spacious seats, economy class with other services was on a par with our experience on this journey.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Things were fine until starting to watch movies on the inflight entertainment system: after 5 mins into the show, no sound... told the crew, she said she would reset the system; resume watching after reset, same problem; repeat 2 more times, same process, same outcome... I gave up and turned off. I am surprised that there is no recourse offered by Singapore Airlines and things not working for a premium airline.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Chose this airline out of many as it had good reviews. We travelled on Christmas Day. Very little done to celebrate this. A few bits of fake fir deco and Christmas pudding ice cream. On both flights to and from the food was poor and we were rushed on our return to settle quickly, eat and sleep, whether you wanted to or not. The airbus on our return was extremely uncomfortable the seats had huge headrests that pushed your head forwards and less room than the small plane going out and indeed the small Silkair plane to Phuket. I am only 5ft tall and normally have no problem. The service however was good, but we will not fly Singapore air again