“Suppose to be the best airline of China with delicious food, :D”
Review of Sichuan Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's a legend already, about the delicious Sichuan style cooking as flight food.
But we disappointedly found out it's just so so, asked and were told that, the magic food is only on the flight from China, cause the cookers are in China, :D
We fly from Melbourne so the food is from local, of course it's for our own good, to keep the food fresh but... I'll give them 5 starts when I taste the Sichuan food some day.
The service are good, staff are nice people, the beautiful ladies smile to me and my children.
The movies is ok, but did not enjoy it much as the plane is very noisy, and seats are too small, could not sleep well at all. Can't complain though due to the cheap price I got on sell.

Date of travel: September 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Tibet by train from Xining, departing at the end from Lhasa by the only International Flight to Kathmandu. I read a lot of negative feedback about Sichuan Airlines, so I was really in apprehension: we had only 5 hrs. time in Kathmandu to catch the flight to Delhi and from there back to Europe. But our experience with Sichuan was really perfect. Everything worked, staff was friendly, no problems with the luggage, modern airplane, nice flight, great view on Himalaya and Mount Everest... the flight was 20 minutes late, but plenty of time for immigration formalities, check-out and new check-in to take the flight to Delhi.
Important to have enough time for connecting flights, arrive early at the airport, respect with great attention all the rules and formalities foreseen by the Cinese Authorities and be firendly and collaborative (that goes for all over China!) - then you can enjoy your flight without any problems.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

tried several times direct flight from Syd to Chongqing. As a Chongqing local person, I really do not feel proud of Sichuan Airline. I am pity to say so. The aircraft is okay like other airlines. The service was really below average. Staff were generally rude with loud voice. When I fell asleep, they kept waking me up for food even after be told I did not wanna any service just wanna have sleep.

The only reason I choose this airline is that this is the only directly flight between Sydney and Chongqing. NO CHOICE AT ALL!

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank JoannaOnTheWay
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

This is by far the worst airline, disrespectful and with the lowest consideration for the customer I have ever encountered.
I bought a flight from Tokyo to Kathmandu as I live in Tokyo. The flight was going through Tibet ( although the airline does not advise of travel permits or visas when purchasing the ticket) I still went ahead and asked the customer support and e-ticket department, to ask them if I needed any extra permit to transfer in Lhasa, Tibet.
Sichuan Airlines told me that if I was not leaving the airport I could transfer through Lhasa no problem, and if I was to transfer I would need a permit that I could obtain in Chengdu ( my first transfer port). They gave me an address in Chengdu, to which because I had a full day in that city, I thought I would get the permit and if not I would just stay in the airport in Lhasa.
When I arrived in Chengdu they ( Sichuan Airlines) although knowing the situation after telling them as many people were not even aware, did not care one bit. I had to pay a hotel for three days, they cared less if I was sleeping in the street in a lost city in the middle of China. I went to the address they advised and it was a totally different business , I am sure it was the right address as Chinese citizens took me.
After getting back to the airport and arguing for over 5 hours the airline said they would keep the ticket to the exact same ticket for 15 days so that I could get the permit. In other words, stay in Chengdu for the time it takes you to get the visa ( normally 15 days) then come back and you can do the same itinerary. I already lost 3 days in Kathmandu which is where I wanted to go instead of touring Chengdu and I have a date to get back home, I do not have vacations for ever.
After talking with Sichuan Airlines again they completely changed the story 1st saying that they couldn’t change the ticket, after telling them that that’s not what they said yesterday they said ok, did you go to the address we gave you, did you get the permit. In other words everything we spoke was down to “0” again.
This air ticket should not even be sold, this airline knows this and they deliberately steal your money. In the end I had to buy a new ticket with Air China as after telling them to please get me to my desired destination they ignored me. They ignored emails and phone calls were starting again from “0” evertime. Do not ever use this airline it’s like buying a tool box at the dollar store it is throwing your money directly in the garbage and whatever comes next also.
This ticket through Tibet should not even be sold it is a similar situation to North Korea, yet North Korea has the decency to warn travelers beforehand for which you can’t buy a ticket through its country.
I don’t even want to get started with the food and service on flight of the bit I flew, breakfast was “porridge” which was rice in water, seats are broken smelly and still having garbage in the seats. The only Chinese airline with a bit of decency is Air China all the other ones are like buying dollar store products, it’s cheap for a reason.
The worst ever experience I have had and I had to buy 2 new tickets. Chinese companies are lucky they can do what they want, if not they would be sued to the bone.

2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Delayed at the gate for 2.5 hours due to a delayed military transfer passenger. Beyond their control, otherwise a good airlines. No 1st class upgrades available, but able to get us a window seat on the Everest side of the plane