“What can I say we arrived safely....”
Review of Azores Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am very familiar with budget airline flying so I had no problem booking this airline. I must say that of all the budget airlines I have flown this one is by far the worst. The seats have no and I mean no room. I am 5'3" and my knees hit the seat in front of me. If the person in front of you reclines you are forced to recline your seat or have a tray table in you abdomen. There is no air except what comes from the small vents. The flight attendants do their job and nothing else. I was asleep for part of the trip when I felt something hit my chest. I looked down and a pair of old style earplugs was laying there. The food should you eat it will come back to haunt you... On a positive note they do serve free wine if you are a wine drinker and they did get us there somewhat on time and safely. Something to be said for that I guess, but not an experience I want to have again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If I have a problem with a company providing a service, I try to work with them to find a resolution. That is why I haven't reviewed Our Azores Airlines / Sata flight for over a month. I have repeatedly emailed their customer care email, and to date have only received one automated reply. As a repeat customer I am so upset. At this point I feel I can only caution others so they don't suffer the same experience my family and I did.

Below is an excerpt from my email to Azores Airlines.

"In February of 2017 we booked our flights for a total cost of $5560 Canadian dollars. At that time we were assigned seats in row 24 for flight 321. The seating chart in your booking system did not show that these seats were adjacent to the mid cabin lavatories. If we would have known this was the case we would have selected other seats or chosen a different flight.

Upon boarding the plane my heart sank when I realized where we were seated. The steady flow of passengers requiring the lavatory started almost as soon as we were seated and continued throughout the flight. The only break was when the captain requested that we remain buckled in.

Further leading to our dissatisfaction was the fact that the doors would not remain closed. My daughter who was on the other isle seat and myself had to continually close the door ourselves after the lavatories were used. I estimate that between her and I we had to close the door as many as 300 times on the 6 hour flight. The odour from the lavatories was unbearable. It is my opinion that the doors were originally self closing but were out of adjustment. This made me wonder what other maintenance had been neglected? My entire family was unable to rest at all on the flight.

I believe that row 24 should not be used for seating. A bulkhead should be placed after row 23 and the area where row 24 is located should be used for a cross over between the port and starboard side of the plane and possibly for flight crew jump seats. SATA / Azores Airlines should place customer satisfaction over profit, and eliminate these seats.

In the past we have been extremely happy with how we have been treated by SATA, and its flight crews. The flight crew on flight 321 was no different. They were extremely professional and attentive. It is too bad SATA decided to configure the plane with these seats in place because it has clouded my opinion of the airline. What SATA decides to do in response to my concern will determine how I view, and if I would recommend SATA / Azores Airlines in the future."

I regret that I have felt that I had no other choice but to take my concerns public, And do hope that Azores Airlines/ Sata steps up and addresses my complaint.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

So after reading all the reviews and still flying with this airline I have to say I cannot recommend this airline unless in a pinch or last resort. When you board the Plane it's over 100 degrees for at least 15-20 minutes. They don't turn the air on until you taxi out to runway. Staff is up and down some smile some don't the whole time or use words like please or thank you. The seats are terrible. Cloth seats with big bars in the middle that don't go up. Definitely pay for exit row seating or business class. Meal was not as bad as I thought. No in flight entertainment was shocking on a flight across the Atlantic. What are you supposed to do for 7 hours in uncomfortable seats? No iPhone charger as well. Hard to believe in these times this stuff exists. But if you're looking for transportation to get home and that's it, use this Airline.

1  Thank Tasocrown
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I am flabbergasted by the level of unprofessionally of Azores Airlines. I was on Flight 232 on Monday, June 26th, from Boston to Terceira (and was then traveling on to Lisbon), and I didn't arrive till Thursday

Our flight was cancelled with no explanation, and rather than rebooking us on other flights to our final destinations, we were told to return the next day for a flight more than 24 hours later. We did, and at that point, were told that the flight was delayed until 4am, again with no reason. While waiting, we were told that the flight had been delayed again until 4pm on the 28th.

First of all, none of these flights seem to exist in the system-- on Boston Logan's airport, there is no mention of any flight that will leave at 4pm. Also, I will have had to go to Boston Logan Airport (an hour's trip each direction) a total of three times to be given information that could have been easily passed over the phone. I have missed half of my vacation and spent hundreds of dollars on a car rental and hotels for the days I was not there.

The attendants failed to tell us that food would be covered in the meantime. They also failed to tell us that we had the option of getting a full cash refund, both of which are our rights under the EU Air Passenger Rights. They also neglected to tell us that we are entitled to 600 Euros, again under the EU Passenger Rights.

When calling the customer service line, I have been on hold for hours. I have also spent hours waiting in line at the airport only to be told to return later. This is absolutely outrageous.

I will never be flying with Sata Airlines again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Based on the reviews, I was fully expecting to not make it home. We did! And only 2 hours late. Yes, the flight was inexplicably delayed without explanation or information being provided. And the plane was something out of the 70s with cramped uncomfortable seating. They have the old school movie screen which showed an old cartoon. One of the bathroom literally fell apart during the flight.

I highly recommend splurging for an exit row seat for not that much more money.

If going to Lisbon, TAP flies newer planes with more reliable service.

1  Thank jack c