“Surprisingly Good”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 26 October 2020

This was my pretty much the last flight of the year from Crete back to Manchester and we weren’t looking forward to it. With the Covid numbers high being in a confined space didn’t appeal but it was a necessary evil. As it was, they did a really good job and we actually quite enjoyed it.

Checking in was easy and everything ran to time. Boarding was also easy and we were lucky enough to get a spare seat at the side of us which made a big difference.

The plane was comfortable, the staff made sure people adhered to the conditions and it passed quite quickly. Five € for a small can of beer was a bit rich but, other than that, it was pretty much faultless.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank OfftheirP
Write a reviewReviews (78,776)

Reviewed 26 October 2020

On a recent flight the Steward Raimonds was just about the rudest person I have ever encountered on a flight. See below letter I sent to Ryanair... of course typical of Ryanair they sent only an automated message to say they got my message. Nothing since. This is my letter:
wish to make a formal complaint about extreme harassment I had to endure from one of your Crew members on flight FR 7062 from Dublin to Alicante on October 19th.
The crew member I am complaining about is called “Raimonds” he is from Latvia.

Upon entering the aircraft I was struck by his sloppy appearance and arrogant attitude, flicking his hand and telling passengers to just go to their seats that they didn’t need to show boarding cards. He was also wearing his mask below his nose, which completely flys in the face of current health and safety procedures.
Once everyone was seated those of us in the front rows (I was in 02A and my father was in 03A)were asked to produce our boarding cards again because the weight in front was not evenly balanced, a few people had to move as they were not in allocated seats, this could have been avoided had crew bothered check to boarding cards at entry.
After about 1.5hours on board I badly needed to use the bathroom, I asked “Raimonds” could I use the bathroom and he told me to take a seat as it was currently occupied. I sat in seat 01C while I waited. Then he made an announcement for passengers to remain seated, there was an off duty captain seated in 01A and this guy “Raimonds” commented to him that “They are like dogs... you’d train a dog to go to the moon quicker though” then he literally shouted into the loudspeaker “SIT. Down” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing and how rude he was, and all this whilst standing slouched on top of folded crew seats with crossed legs.
When the bathroom became available I asked was it ok to go in now and he put his hand up and said “no.... a pilot wants to use it first” 4 minutes later the pilot came out and spent a considerably long time using the facility, then he came out and stood chatting to crew, I was again told to remain seated because now the captain wanted to use the bathroom, I stayed in my seat without argument and eventually the captain emerged, when he was finished he stood in the galley (where trolleys etc are stored) chatting to the crew but with clear access to the toilets. I stood up to go to the bathroom ... I had been sitting in row 01A for 20 minutes at this stage... Raimonds literally stood blocking my way to the bathroom, he put his hand up in my face and very abruptly told me to sit back down - I told him I needed to use the bathroom and he said “when the captain is finished” I said “ he is finished he is in the galley talking to crew” at this point “Raimonds” started shouting at me in a thick lativian accent telling me I was not going to the bathroom that I was to remain seated, I said “no, I need to use the bathroom, I have waited 20 minutes and need to go” he kept shouting and telling me to listen, eventually I shouted “are you going to let me use the bathroom or not” he kept telling me “no, not yet” - I reminded him that “ I am a paying customer on this flight“ and I told him I will take the matter further. Then he moved aside.
I have never in my life been so humiliated or spoken to or treated in such a manner, many other passengers commented on how disgracefully I had just been treated.
It is completely unacceptable

Reviewed 24 October 2020

Our flights were cancelled and although I asked for a refund they insist that I have vouchers pending. After almost 90 emails and various messages via messenger I have resorted to posting this on FB. Travellers beware they seemingly are still selling flights and making cash refunds nigh on impossible so they can balance out their cash flow. As you can tell I am more than a little annoyed at being fobbed off with standard replies
TO MANAGEMENT AND STAFF AT RYANAIR
What part of I DO NOT WANT YOUR POXY VOUCHERS - I DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR POXY VOUCHERS - I ALREADY FILLED IN A CASH REFUND FORM do you not understand. AGAIN I have replied in messenger and got the same poxy standard CRAP that I have vouchers pending - I HAVE NOT BECAUSE I Specifically ASKED For CASH REFUND. Now what the hell is so difficult to understand in the aforementioned. I am sick of Ryanair messing me around and have contacted the CAA because your delaying tactics are not acceptable and not in line with EU Regulations.
Let me say ONCE AGAIN for clarity - I DO NOT want vouchers.
- I NEVER AGREED TO VOUCHERS
- I WANT A CASH REFUND WITHIN THE TIME SPECIFICATIONS AS LAID OUT IN THE EU Passengers Regulations.
Can anyone in your company answer a simple question - when will I get a refund? BY the way don't ask me again to private message you as I am sick of getting the same standard reply when I do.

3  Thank MarilynR930
Reviewed 24 October 2020

No one should fly with ryan air. Cheap and nasty and you will never get any customers service if things go wrong. These people sent my luggage to Portugal when i went to Prague.

It took 3 months to get my luggage back which had been broken and all my valuables stolen. It took me 6 month of constantly trying to get to Ryan air customer service but they still will not compensate me fully. A disgraceful company and when you speak to anyone at the Heathrow they will tell you the same...don't travel with them

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank s3ndjs
Reviewed 24 October 2020

Paid for 3 return flights to Dublin in March and still no refund.
Why are they allowed to get away with this ?

Date of travel: March 2020
5  Thank ukgerry2017
US$USD
India
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.