“You get what you pay for”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 15 December 2018

So many people complain about Ryanair but forget just how little a basic flight costs. I you want a basic meal, buy McDonald’s but don’t expect to get caviar or even a half decent steak for that same price. It’s the same with flying. You pays your money etc. etc.

I have flown to Budapest 6 times this year. Of the 12 flights this involved only 1 was more than 30 minutes late. I have probably paid an average of £50-60 per flight. Admittedly, taking hold luggage and buying the best seats would significantly add to the cost but for me this has been short trips on a short haul flight so hand luggage only and never mind the noisiest, cheapest seats at the back.

They are certainly not the best airline, but for scuttling round Europe they provide an adequate yet cost effective service. If you want more, pay more!

Date of travel: December 2018

Reviewed 15 December 2018

I flew with Ryanair on my inbound flight from Morocco.

I have an allergy to aubergines where I get an itchy throat and a rash around my neck.

I ordered on board a chicken panini with Mediterranean vegetables. Inside the panini was aubergine!!!

I checked the packet and it was NOT listed as an ingredient!

I've tried to complain to Rynair for the past 3 weeks but I am being straight up ignored, no contact from anyone. Keep being told "few more days".

Flights are good if you have a faultless experience, just if there's an issue don't expect anything from them.

Would I fly again? Yes.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 15 December 2018

I am a blind person, and couldn't see the hidden fee on the email asking you to check-in online 24h before getting to the gate. Got an additional fee of $75 at the airport. I did contact the airlines for a refund, but they joked at me, and made me feel ashamed to have a disability. I would recommend using another airlines if you do not want to feel discriminated.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 15 December 2018

Ryanair is Ryanair. Herded on the ground, packed in sat bolt upright in a tiny seat in the air. I always choose 2F front row right side, tons of leg room locker space and and served first should a gnt help the ride.
It gets me from A to B usually on time and in my experience with pleasant crew who to be fair deserve a medal on that uniform.
For me 3 hours is my limit on Ryanair, my bottom can’t take any longer on those oh so hard seat.
Zero point in paying for priority boarding alone as you’ll find 75% of your fellow passengers have too. My ticket and extra legroom choice includes it though.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

One of the worst service and greediest airline that I have come across for couples, family, medically challenged AND for the disabled. Worse than internal flight that I have travelled on in the the developing countries. Disgraceful RyanAir. They deliberately give seperate seats even when you book together. This is the not good but the norm now across many airlines....accepted. But to not even help a disabled person with an assistant to push the AIRLINES OWN wheelchair nor help the disablef person at steps and onto the steps up to the plane! When asked for help, thier staff deline and hide behind "heatlh and safety" reason, which H & S regulation breaches helping a disabled person, seperated by thier partner as ones ticket is for the front of the plane and the othets is at the rear. How will this help in an emergency evaluation. One partner does not understand English (not even the safety announcements) and can be a serious Health and Safety issue with this combination to orhet passengers. This mean the airline is NOT meeting it's safety obligations to other passengers, disablef or not. When asked twice, to two different different stuardess for a glass of water, at an acceptable time during the flight, when lunches and duty free were being sold , to take travel sickeness tablets, required for decending only, I was told on both occassions I had to buy it and could not have out for free! A glass of water was requested NOT a bottle. I made it clear it was for medicine purpose also. My diabetes was begining to play up. Grwat way to make money Ryanair....what's next, we have to pay first to use the emergency shoot if the plane had an emergency? We were told we could NOT pay to sit together at the airport even though we were told on the phone when booking that we could. We could not even buy anything as my credit cards were with my partner in seat 10 something and I was in riw 27! Loss of income for you Ryanair...more than your seat booking fee. Hope the vomit I did didn't cost took much to clean! Passengers, who were ablebodied, tried to negotiate seat changing with other passengers took so long that the stewardes had to tell people to do this during flight as they were delaying the take off. She even got angry and shouted across the isle! Passengers were using the toilets even when the "Do Not Use" light was on. Is this not a breach of aviation laws? There was turbulence. The stewardess said nothing to customers who insisted in using the services at this unsafe times. They were simply too scared to challenge the passengers. The seating arrangement has NOTHING to do with weight distribution, otherwise why sell seats. Many passengers brought with them food and drinks and were promoting such practise to other passengers. On the return we did the same. A hint for passengers on these types of deliberately discomforting airlines.....book your boarding passes a few minutes apart, your likely to get closer seats. We were adviced this by other passengers for whom this worked. Guess what, we did this in the return and yes we got our seats next to each other, C and D. Another idea, I don't approve of, but was told it works, pretend to be ill when boarding with your other passenger and the stewardess WILL organise a seat next to someone you want/now/travelling with! Conversation from one of the couple we got talking to in the airport...Ryanair does all this to make extra money but in doing so not only discomforts our journey but are putting lves in danger for someone who is disabled like me and people have become savvy and play tricks like those mentioned above....charge a little more and promote and advertise the positives and the company will make more miney both in the short run and in the long run. Most passengers I spoke to would have been more hapoy to pay another £15:00 on the ticket if the airline didn't have this stupid seating policy and offer one run down the aisle by the stewardess with coffee, tea and free soft drinks. Come on Michael O'Leary do the maths....simple math! My overall point of 1 out of 5 reflects the service my non english speaking partner and I, as a disabled passenger, received from the staff and more so for the airlines policies.

Date of travel: December 2018