“Typical of Ryanair”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 13 December 2018

Booked an October holiday via their web site that included Ryanair flights. Two weeks after paying in full they e.mailed to say that the flight had been altered from lunchtime and would now depart at late afternoon [3 hours later] bad enough as this was as it meant that our onward pick up details needed to change it was further delayed at Liverpool due to problems with a 'plane change' meaning we set off over 4hrs later than what we had booked. It spoiled our planned first night in Barcelona as it was close to 11.00 pm by the time we reached the hotel. On the return journey there were again further issues as boarding was delayed by nearly an hour and then we were sat for ages on the plane as they had 'missed their allotted slot'. Again this disrupted our collection times at Liverpool. Of course I complained to Ryanair Head Office but as I expected met a brick wall. They simply do not care what ever their corporate blurb may say. If you avoid the add ons and travel light they are cheap but are also nasty with it.

Date of travel: October 2018

Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

This complaint letter to them summarizes my whole experience:

"This is to make a complaint about a Ryanair desk staff in Barcelona Terminal 2 who I asked about visa checks and answered me rudely. I wasnt able to get the name but he is one of the guys on the glass paneled desk. I asked about the boarding pass print since I can't retrieve it through the app since I'm not a European national. So when I asked for the print and stamp he told me, how can he stamp my boarding pass in my phone screen. I found it rude so I raised my voice a little high and asked him again and only then gave me proper instructions. This people should not be tolerated. Please make actions on it."

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 13 December 2018

We flew by this airline a few weeks ago and on both journeys the experience was awful.
On the outward leg we were boarded onto the plane, after a long wait, and then told that we had to wait for forty minutes before take off...........this became an hour of finger twiddling.
Needless to say, despite paying for 'priority boarding', on both legs, my wife and I were given seats miles apart, and the seats were like solid wood and so were most uncomfortable.
On the return leg, we were herded into a cold shed- like building and waited an hour until we were able to board the aircraft. On board, as well as the separate seats, the cabin was filthy, the seats uncomfortable and the floor was covered in crumbs.and eating waste.
Other passengers, who were caught in a very lengthy queue at the gate were told that it would be closing soon and apparently there was almost a riot at the gate just to get into the lengthy queue for almost and hour outside.
But, will an awful review make any difference to Ryan Air? Not a chance and for two reasons:- firstly, it is cheap, and secondly, because Michael O' Leary does not care about passengers. Passengers can 'take what is on offer or leave it', and few do leave it, as 'price' seems to rule!

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

We returned from a short holiday in Tenerife and the service we received from Ryanair staff was nothing short of disgusting, my partner had paid 10 each way for 10kg (yet another rip off from rip of Ryanair) when we got to check in we were told we had only paid for 1 way which is absolutely ridiculous, did they think we were just going to leave a case behind ? The girl on the check in desk refused to listen to us refused to look at the evidence I had to prove luggage payment had been made, we were sent to a desk where we were nothing short of bullied into paying this. They called security to stand beside us at the desk bearing in mind not once were we abusive nor did we raise our voices however we were upset and extremely angry. Ryanair staff are ignorant and rude in actual fact I’m sure that is a requirement of getting a job with Ryanair. We are pensioners who save hard for our holidays instead we were intimidated due to Ryanair mishandling this mistake which was all their doing. I will be telling everyone I know never to fly with Ryanair and pray all the legal action that is being taken against them works out to the customers advantage. Ryanair staff should be thoroughly ashamed

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 13 December 2018

We were told a flight gate only to nearly get on the wrong plane as the gate had changed but not been advised. I had booked for Premium after the baggage on board rule had changed but people were turning up with their cases & saying they did not know about the change & they were allowed to take their bags on the flight. This has happened both times I have flown Ryanair in the past couple of months & seems unfair to those who have paid. We could not book in until 48 hrs before return so could not print boarding passes for return & the Customer Services at the airport were most unhelpful. Luckily our lovely hotel in Bratislava , Marrols, printed them for us

Date of travel: November 2018