“Cattle run”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ryanair continues to treat its customers badly keeping people waiting for 45 mins in a queue at the Gate as customers are concerned they will not get their cabin luggage on board (only room for 90 bags). No allowance for children to get on first do they can be settled before we all get on, incredibly stressful for mothers/fathers. Staff start checking boarding passes and the queue moves only to be met with having to wait in a small stairwell before being allowed onto the tarmac. Once on board we are told there will be an hour to wait on board and this not the fault of the airline but the flight control tower and too many planes. This may be true but my suspicion is that the delay probably could be traced back to the airline but I emphasis there is no actual evidence of this! In recent times when I have flown with Ryanair (not out of choice) the landings have been quite scary; bumping bouncing and grinding to a halt having come in too fast (it feels) and everyone hanging onto the seat in front. Only fly with Ryanair if there is absolutely no choice.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
There are newer reviews for Ryanair

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I only chose to fly with Ryanair because there was a direct flight from the town I live in to a vacation destination.
The online check-in forms haven't been sent 4 days before the departure as they should, so they gave me randomly seats for 4 persons. I would have payed to choose the seats but they didn't even gave me that possibility. They directly e-mailed the check-in already done. When I called at the company I bought the tickets from they told me that there were no more seats available to choose.
First and hope that's the last time I fly with Ryanair.

1  Thank Madelaine J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It did not take much for me to decide to use Ryanair for my latest flight from Dublin to Sofia; they are the only airline doing a direct flight. If there were other airlines on the same route i am sure I would have still chosen Ryanair.

The flight was pleasant and uneventful. the cabin staff were pleasant and the seating was comfortable. I am over 6'01" tall and a have no problems with the leg room.

I booked two seats at online booking. They were just two euro a seat on top of the fare so we had the pleasure of sitting together.

I am amazed that some travelers have such an issue with the allocation of seats. i would feel aggrieved if I had paid for this facility and those who did not pay the extra fee also got to sit together.
The cost is very clear at booking. you know it before you pay and factor it into the cost.
I did not have any problem at check in either. It did not cost me anything, it was very clear on the website that this company allows you to check in free on line and it will cost you to check in at the airport.
That is fair enough and you should not be surprised if you are charged to check in at the airport.

I did not have any problem with cabin baggage either. I kept within the weight and size allowance on my carry on 10kg baggage and my second smaller cabin baggage, which incidentally does not have a weight restriction.

If you do not want the hassle of bringing the 10kg baggage on board just wait until ninety passengers have boarded (no need to rush on, the plane will not go without you and your seat will be waiting for you) and Ryanair will then put your bag in the hold free of charge.

All in all a very pleasant journey and the trip home was just as good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent little airline for a quick cheap trip across the channel. It was only 1 hour and a bit; the flight was smooth, the Flight Crew friendly and helpful. Only draw back is that Ryan Air is last in the flight line so take off took a while and the gates are farthest from the terminal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Today, August 18, 2017 flight from Madrid to Nuremberg FR5056 was announced to be late for two hours. (At first we had to change gate, then flight announced delay. ) Fine with the situation (I understand flight decay occurs sometime). However I am unhappy with the front desk, who refused to even look at me, when I stand in front of her with a cart. I was at the front of the line, when it's my turn, she walked away. At first, thought she was busy, but then she started talking to the guy next to her. Then people behind me (the line) disappeared. Few people just go up to her side and just ask her "quick questions". I am in front of the front desk staring at her, she refused to look at me. ( If she was busy with other things, I have no problem waiting, but she was talking to other people who she prefer to talk to and completely ignored the line) I only wanted to confirm that the flight was delay, incase I misheard the message (it was only announced in Spanish)

First time taking Ryanair air line, it was busy today. The stuff put on front desk, her behaviour to the situation was not professional. The only "reliable" source to flight departure was the airport screen, no stuff can be found.

( because of changing gate the boarding shows Santiago still, original boarding gate was c38, changed to c36, then to c 44)