“Excellent Value for the $”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Excellent little airline for a quick cheap trip across the channel. It was only 1 hour and a bit; the flight was smooth, the Flight Crew friendly and helpful. Only draw back is that Ryan Air is last in the flight line so take off took a while and the gates are farthest from the terminal.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
There are newer reviews for Ryanair

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Today, August 18, 2017 flight from Madrid to Nuremberg FR5056 was announced to be late for two hours. (At first we had to change gate, then flight announced delay. ) Fine with the situation (I understand flight decay occurs sometime). However I am unhappy with the front desk, who refused to even look at me, when I stand in front of her with a cart. I was at the front of the line, when it's my turn, she walked away. At first, thought she was busy, but then she started talking to the guy next to her. Then people behind me (the line) disappeared. Few people just go up to her side and just ask her "quick questions". I am in front of the front desk staring at her, she refused to look at me. ( If she was busy with other things, I have no problem waiting, but she was talking to other people who she prefer to talk to and completely ignored the line) I only wanted to confirm that the flight was delay, incase I misheard the message (it was only announced in Spanish)

First time taking Ryanair air line, it was busy today. The stuff put on front desk, her behaviour to the situation was not professional. The only "reliable" source to flight departure was the airport screen, no stuff can be found.

( because of changing gate the boarding shows Santiago still, original boarding gate was c38, changed to c36, then to c 44)

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Recently flew from Shannon to Malaga with Ryanair and never again, started with a male cabin attendant being rude and arguing with three ladies behind us over how much ice he had already given them (ie enough for two drinks) he argued and argued before giving them another two lumps of ice. I'm 5 10'' and was cramped in my seat. The heat in the plane was just unreal. I bought a can of coke and it was warm, asked for ice, was told there was no ice, said I didn't want a hot can of coke and wanted a refund and low and behold there was ice, I asked a member of the crew to take the empty can and put it in the rubbish and he refused and said they would be around later to collect the rubbish. Impossible to get a bit of sleep to try shorten the pain with them roaring down the intercom every couple of minutes trying to sell you lotto tickets or some other stuff,
Just unbelievable stuff

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Ryanair gets worse and worse. Flight delayed last night by one hour and 3 minutes, no information, no apology, not a word about it. It was 1 hour and 36 minutes late landing also. This is not the first time this has happened to me. If you can find an alternative that you can afford it's worth the difference to be treated like a human being and not have to suffer the endless efforts to get more money out of you from beginning to end. They have now shortened the time you can check in for 'free' to four days so it's even more stressful for many people to check in while on holiday. In my experience they have the roughest landings of any airline.

1  Thank jackie2782017
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Ryanair just seem to get worse with every flight I take with them. Previously, the low-cost meant you sucked up the otherwise poor service. But with their unadulterated greed now maximising profit, they aren't even good value.

We paid £45 (one way) to check a bag, despite checking in online. I accept having to pay for checking luggage on a low-cost airline but £45 is ridiculous and it offsets any saving Ryanair's prices might have presented.

However, where Ryanair's greed and disregard of passengers really becomes apparent is when they try to compel you to pay to sit next to passengers that you've checked in with. The fact that we're checking in together should be a big enough clue that we'd probably want to sit together, or at least have the option to.

It also turned out that the seat next to me was empty in any event so they wanted to charge for something that was already available. Are they audacious, stupid or both?

For people travelling as families especially, it's a disgusting policy from an airline that is void of ethics.

At the airport, it's clear Ryanair couldn't organise a drink up in a brewery with their clueless management of passengers. Why would you have a queue that snaked round the airport being serviced by one member of staff? Yet more cost cutting at the expense of passenger experience but also for the staff who have to endure it. I wonder if working for Ryanair is as bad as being one of their customers?

Avoid Ryanair and chose another airline if you can. Their prices are rarely what you end up paying and are offset by their greed and nonsense policies. Not to mention, they're just an awful airline to fly with.

1  Thank ShahLaw