“Promptness”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

It was a great pleasure to fly with Qatar Airways. They not only make booking convenient but also check in and boarding process. Of great importance was time management where the flight took shorter time than estimated. The in-flight service was great.

Date of travel: September 2018

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Where do I start.

I booked a flight from Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur to leave at 8am on Wednesday 17th January 2018 for myself and my wife.

At 8-30am everybody was imformed by the rudest Asian woman I have ever had the missfortune of meeting, that the flight to Doha had been cancelled and were now booked on the 9am flght and if we didn't run we would miss that one.

When I informed her that by taking the 9am flight it ment we would have 8 hour wait in Doha due to the fact we would miss our conection, She told me to lower my voice and run if I wanted to catch the flight.

When I arrived in Doha I spoke to 2 different desks ... The first one said we could get a free meal from some kind of cafe and to spend the rest of the time window shopping ... The second was no help at all.

About 3 hours before my flight was due to take off, I went to another desk and told her of my plight, she was horrified that we had been abandoned for so long.
She said we were entitled to have stayed in a hotel for free, a free trip into Doha city or to have spent the 8 hours in the business lounge.
As we only had 2-1/2 left to wait for our flight she took us to the business lounge to relax, have a bite to eat and a drink.

When we arrived in Kuala Lumpur 8 hours late, we had to pay another £25 for a taxi to our hotel as our connection was well gone.

On our way home and having booked 2 nice seats from Doha, we were moved to the back of the plane for some reason and our booked seats were given to someone else.

A horrible experiance from start to finsh.

I am very pleased to say i gave my case to a company called Flightright who managed to get all of my money back.

Oh yes --- I forgot to say thank you Qatar Airways for the refund off 1120 Euros.

An extra big thank you to Flightright for winning my case.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank anth0nyj107
Reviewed 20 October 2018

Qatar is one of my favorite airlines. However, this flight used an older Airbus 330-300 with business class eating of 2+2+2. Compared to newer planes like the B787 and A350 that use a 1+2+1 seat configuration, this is an inferior arrangement. Malaysian Airlines also operate an A330 but with 1+2+1. Qatar should think about upgrading its A330s.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank KC C
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

21 hour transit in Doha without complementary accommodation! This only happens in Qatar Airways! That’s a trick!! They write only 3 conditions as a eligibility for complementary accommodation in Qatar Airways website, I meet all 3 criteria, but after I bought the ticket they told me that I’m not eligible because of the special conditions that they donot mention in the website!
If I chose the other airlines, I could spend this time with my family not sitting useless for almost a day in airport!!
I’m really dissatisfied.
That’s totally disappointing.

Date of travel: October 2018
3  Thank Parvaneh G
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I recently flew business class from Manchester to Doha and sadly the entire trip, my TV entertainment did not work. Although the staff tried many times and kept reassuring me it would work once it was reset, after about 2.5 hours they said there wasn't anything they could do. By that time all the seats were used up by other passengers.
It was a really unfortunate experience for me to fly 6 hours with nothing to watch but the neighbor's TV from afar.
I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else's long flight for the amount I have paid, it was not worth it. There was no mention at all of any compensation sadly .
I had use of the business lounges beforehand and the food was.nice.. but the experience overall was one of great disappointment

Date of travel: October 2018