“1 day delay: The original flight was cancelled after 4 hours of waiting and the situation was not well managed”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was supposed to take the cancelled flight QR1368 (Saturday 16 Septemer 2017, 8pm15) My booking reference was LZOYPL(Joburg=>Tunis).

That day I lost the count of how many sorry I heard but those apologies did not fix anything, I never made it at time and the trip was very very tiring.

This here a brief of my little story:

-First of all what made all the mentioned above harder for me is that I do have health issue (Patellofemoral pain syndrome in both knees) and all what happened, in addition of the queues triggered the pain. It was so painful.

-I was supposed to leave Johannesburg at 8pm15 and arrive to Tunisia Sanday 12pm30 but only arrived Monday 9am30. I told Qatar Airways' staff after the first hour of delay that I really have to be at work Monday 8am30 (I had to prepare my papers and go to the South African embassy before 11am30, they don't accept visa request after that hour and all Tuesday)
=> 1day delay for the flight and 2 days delay for my work visa request.

-Qatar airways DID KNOW that there was a problem hours before the flight's departure time since the previous flight from Durban was ALREADY CANCELLED but kept silent for hours because they did not want to cancel the rest of the flight which is very confusing!
Actually, I found the cancellation of the same flight from Durban to Johannesburg BY MYSELF in their website.
Nothing was written in the TV too in front of our gate number at the beginning. And after changing the gate we had "indef delay" written.

-After around 3 hours (10pm15),One of Qatar Airways' staff told us when giving us water that the flight was cancelled just to be officially told later that there was a TECHNICAL ISSUE and asked us to wait for 10 minutes...that turned to be an hour. Then we were told that a Boeing expert came to resolve the problem and wait again.
Qatar Airays, please consider this very important advice:
Never ever tell people that you have TECHNICAL ISSUES. It will only make thing worse for them. I really felt stressed and then scared so did many other. They would tell me: Even if fixed we don't want to take this flight or they've been fixing it for hours, this problem must be huge etc etc
All this knowing that some people complained that the same thing happened to their previous flights. Isn't stressful?
PS: They really were trying to solve it for hours since before Durban.

They also asked us after to choose between going to the hotel or to wait. When I asked him how much are we going to wait he said 10mn... again...
Anyway the flight was officially cancelled a little before 00am30.

-We were told to be given food after 3hours delay but we were just given a small bottle of water(10pm15) and a Muffin (around 00am45) When the customers asked for dinner they were told to wait and order at the hotel. When I did it, I was told to pay myself. Please, I know what happened was hard for the staff too but just don't give us empty promises, it just makes things especially for tired and stressed people. At least, the following day, we were given breakfast and lunch as part of the hotel booking.

-The following day, I was booked in another flight with another company (Turkish Airline) and could not check online and even in the airport I was asked to wait because I was not loaded in their system yet. I guess this is normal but for a second when the man told me I'm not loaded yet, I was afraid.

-When we were asked to follow one of the staff to go to hotel, we were NOT been waited for!!! They quickly left the place and did not make sure everyone is with them. So I had to follow one of the passengers who thankfully knew the airport until we found the rest of the group. If I were by myself I might have get lost inside the airport.

Best regards.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was 2 years ago....Not Sept 2017 as shown below.....

I've flown with my share of airlines but Qatar were by far the best. Admittedly brand new aircraft at the time but the IFE, Service and Food was fantastic. Whenever I look for long haul flights going east from the UK I look to see if Qatar are competitive on price. However I do like to try different airlines.

Would definitely recommend Qatar Airways to all.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Truly best experience with Qatar Airways. Comfortable seats, great amenity kit, personalized service on the ground and in the air. So far this airline is my number 1 choice to go. Recommended!

2  Thank Anton G
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We have flown with Qatar 4 times now and have another return trip to Europe booked for next year. I found the service equal to any 5-star airline I have experienced and the food as good as Qantas although I did miss the free hot choc that Qantas offers on late night flights. The movie selection seemed a bit old, but there was enough to keep me occupied.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I am sorry to say, I didn't feel like I was travelling on world's no.1 airline.
As if being a person from Indian subcontinent, I was neglected.