“Meals not fit to serve!!”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As if an old Airbus with configuration of 2 2 2 in Business wasn't bad enough to dampen ones spirit the meals that was served that evening was unlike I've had on any Business class flight!
Choice I had was Chinese Roast duck and since we were flying out from HK one would think the catering would be of good standard ...but no... the duck was like it's seen some action and rediscovered in a deep fryer somewhere then micro waved to death in the clouds at 40000 ft !! After sending back via Flight Manager who apologised and suggested the Fish I thought I'll take her recommendation but only to be disappointed again as the dish arrived with a "Fishy" smell which usually means somewhere along the way a process wasn't followed and the freshness is not guaranteed !! So ditch that as well!! Slept on empty stomach and thought Neil Perry must be paid lots of $$ in order to attach his name to such dismal disappointing attempts in the skies.After complaining to Qantas Frequent Flyer reassurance was for my next Qantas flight will be seat config of 1 2 1 but no mention of food whatsoever !!

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank alan a

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

HAD issues with seating as did a few other couples ( split up seating ) but was sorted , in flight tv but on tiny screens , quite cramped , but food was quite nice & flight was good and slightly early !!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely one of the best flights I have ever had, I slept for 9 hours! Australian sparkling wine as soon as I arrived at my seat and non stop friendly service until we landed. At "bedtime" we were offered a chamomile tea and before breakfast, we were offered an lovely shot of a natural fruit energizer drink. Food was great, the cabin was quiet, private and cozy, and the crew was amazing. I usually fly Air Canada to Melbourne a few times a year, but I'm willing to fly YVR/SFO/MEL/SFO/YVR on Qantas instead of Air Canada's direct flight because Qantas was so much better. The only criticism I have is I didn't like the net footrest, I prefer a regular footrest.

1  Thank Wet_Coast1
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was an excellent flight, left on time, arrived earlier than expected. Lovely lunch of braised lamb and vegetables with wine white or red. Friendly air hostesses. Word of advice, download the qantas entertainment app so you can watch movies. I didn’t give it 5 stars because the wait for the luggage was very long, they stuck 4 flights arriving on the same carousel. Long queues.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flight was late boarding by about an hour due to the late arrival and medical emergency. We were boarded eventually which took ages. There was no room to turn around so had to go to sit down sideways. The tray table was dirty. There was not much room for arm space and my husband keep digging me in my ribs with his elbow. The meal was average. We arrived in Christchurch over an hour late after midnight.