“Great Economy Comfort For A Regional Style Airline!!!”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Qantas uses the subsidiary ''Air Link'' for many of its internal flights, particularly between smaller regional locations. I was amazed at the quality of this flight and the service, which I found to be equal to many international flights I had used. We used this same group (Air Link) continuing on to Perth 5 days later and the service was equal to the Cairns - Alice Springs flight. (So it means the quality is fairly standard). I foumd the leg space in the Economy section excellent compared to the space offered on a recent Jetstar flight from Brisbane to Cairns and the token packaged quiche offered on both the short (2 - 3 hour flights) were more than sufficient and delicious compared to a lot of full course airline meals received on previous flights. For a regional airline, I was quite impressed with ''Air Link'' and would have no hesitation booking on similar flights again.

Date of travel: September 2018

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Delayed on take off by 2 hours due toilet issues. On board crew and service was good. Seating was not the best as the bottom of the seat maybe missing bolts which kept shifting on recline.

Date of travel: July 2018
1  Thank smlucas52
Reviewed 18 October 2018

We had points request for J class upgrade. Alas as usual, no luck.
So, try economy on this 787 Dreamliner non stop 17 hour flight.
About 30 minutes sleep as it's impossible to sleep in the economy seats, especially with a full load.
However the cabin staff did a great job and food was good.
Would we do that flight again. Never.
I chatted to a guy making coffee in the Perth QF Club lounge ( as we were waiting for our Sydney domestic connection - again in Y class as points did not work either.
His comment from passengers on this flight, especially Y class passengers, is that it's a once only experience.
You would have thought that the airline could configure the seating 8 across instead of 9 across and leave some additional space between rows - and charge a little extra.
My wife and I flew Easyjet last week in Europe - a LCC - and the space was better.

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank Johnv69
Reviewed 18 October 2018

I booked a ADL SYD flight via MEL (ie ADL MEL and MEL SYD) on 8 Oct during the Double Status Credit promotion to gain some extra status credit.

On the day, due to a cancellation of the previous ADL to MEL flight, my ADL to MEL flight became over booked. They asked me if I wanted to fly direct ADL to SYD. I said only if I get the Status Credit for my original booking, i.e 20 + 20. The staff at the lounge assured me that this would happen.

However after the flight, I have only been credited the direct ADL to SYD flight i.e. 20 Status Credit.

I am still waiting for a reply from QFF.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018

We began our flight from Brisbane to catch the direct flight from Sydney to Dallas/Fort Worth. Checkin and boarding were very smooth, even security and immigration at both ends was fast and efficient. The food on the flight was really just normal airline food, though we enjoyed that fact the flight attendants kept coming through offering water and fresh fruit through out the almost 16 hour flight. On the way over we sat in the top deck of the A380 for the first time and really enjoyed it. The return flight was good though because of the curfew in Sydney we had to wait an hour extra in Dallas as it was to be a fast flight. It took just 15 and a half hours instead of the published 17hrs. Overall a good experience and good staff do make these long trips more bearable. Though for the first time on a Qantas flight my husband could not drink the red wine with dinner - very acidic.

Date of travel: August 2018