“Lufthansa business class experience”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew on the A380 from Houston to Frankfurt and then changed to a A320 for the 1.5 flight from Frankfurt to Rome. We had flown on an A380 before with Emirates, so we were familiar with the plane. It was a comfortable set up for us because we purposely chose the 2 middle seats but I can't understand why so many planes have the 2-2-2 set up in business class forcing a passenger in a window seat to climb precariously over their sleeping row mate to get out! I much prefer the other configurations allowing each passenger to have aisle access. My only other surprise was that their business class seating between Rome & Frankfurt is literally economy seats 3 across but they leave the middle seat empty. No more leg room than economy & fortunately it was only a 1.5 hour flight. Food on board Lufthansa wasn't good even by airline business class standards. This was a code share flight with United, so the return back to Houston from Frankfurt was on a United 777. We would more than likely fly again on Lufthansa if it fit our schedule and price but we still prefer the Middle East airlines like Qatar & Emirates.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a flight booked with Lufthansa partnered with Air Canada, so unbeknownst to us prior to reserving the seats we were flying with Lufthansa.get to the gate in ample time to wait for the on-time flight. However, they loaded business class first of course, then gave them an extra 15 minutes to get settled and serve champagne to them, etc while the rest of the economy passengers wait standing in a long line. They finally board the rest of the entire plane with 10 minutes left before departure. We were almost last so when we got on all the carry on storage compartments were completely full with jackets and hats, and loose stuff, while the passengers sat with nothing under their seats. So no place for our carry on bags. I frantically searched for a place to put the luggage moving coats etc, much to the annoyance of the passengers while the flight attendant looked on suspiciously. When asked for help she said it wasn't her job and that if we couldn't find a spot the bag would have to be checked (in other words you're off the flight because no way we could check a bag a few minutes before departure). Thankfully another Canadian passenger offered to put his bag under his seat, so we were able to get our carry-on under our seats and get our personal item in one little spot on the overhead. Never have experienced so little help stowing bags. Usually, in Canada, there are options. The flight attendants actually help you find a spot, and make people put jackets and small items under their seats rather than hogging up all the overhead compartments with hats and coats.Secondly, several airlines offer to check your carry on right before boarding on the ramp, to make room when the flight is really full. Lufthansa does none of this. Finally, we were so late thanks to getting the first class people settled that we literally ran to the other end of the Munich airport to reach our next gate. So if you fly Lufthansa remember to not bring much carry on. Always stand and wait for the 45-50 minutes in the long line so you can get in first for economy passengers. If you can, try to select flights with longer stop-over times so you can compensate for the late arrivals. Be prepared to have curt German service that does not go beyond the basic requirements for service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An enjoyable flight from Frankfurt to Stockholm. Generally the flight crew were pleasant and helpful, the service was very good from start to finish. No inflight entertainment on this flight.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Forced into this flight by delays causing me to miss my Air Canada flight to Frankfurt, I would have to say that the service on this airline was better than what my Air Canada experiences have been.

The flight attendants were super helpful and friendly all the time. My friend and I changed seats with a couple (on the flight attendants request) as the other guy was around 6' 6" and there was no way he could sit in a regular seat - we had emerg exit seating. Knowing how many people are always in front of you at the seats by the washroom, I had no problem changing with them.

Even though they are the typical not so big meals served by airlines, the food was pretty decent and enjoyable. I'm 6'2" and I do have to say that the regular seats are not very roomy for tall guys and when the person in front of you drops their seat back into your lap, no room at all. On longer flights I prefer to take off my shoes, it was impossible to put them on and off to go to the washroom with this seat in my face. I was extremely appreciative however that the flight attendants made everyone out their seats upright for meal times!

The flight itself was very smooth with no turbulence experienced anywhere along the way, a huge bonus!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great and efficent flight,as Always.

Extremly improved Service and Food and beverage choice was excellent.