“good secure flight”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

flights are quite good; on time schedule, lounges even though not too much luxurious they have a style and well equipped 'facilities', providing a variety of goods

Date of travel: October 2018

Terrible, ghastly, never-again!

Interestingly another gentleman complained about the same thing I write about here, to what appeared to be an unappreciative audience of #Lufthansa employees.

I do understand the scale of economies for airlines plying short routes. Though Lufthansa is not able to brag about superb service on the other flight that I was on, which I wrote in a separate review.

It was unbelievable to sit on a seat that must have been some rigid material covered with a thin layer of material, pretending to be cushioning and narrow as hell, and sold as a business class seat!
There was no business class leg room and seat width to classify this as a business class option!!
The food was 'fast food' quality and that is all I can say about that!

The aircraft was dirty on the inside and outside and clearly showed it's age.

What I am thankful for is that it got me safely to my destination. I could not wait to be off that flight.

The flight began by being about 30 minutes late in departing.

I hope to not ever fly #Lufthansa again!

1  Thank runningin2010
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I recently flew Lufthansa Flight 0493 from Vancouver to Frankfurt. The aircraft was a Boeing 747-400. It is definitely showing it's age!

I was seated on the upper deck and though there is not anything that Lufthansa can do about it, I found the seats situated too high to be able to get a 'normal' eye level view out of the window.

The seat was not as comfortable as a business class seat on Air Canada or Austrian Airlines.

The overall quality of the food was good, though, as above AC and Austrian served up much better quality.

The coffee tasted like an old brew. There was no milk but some 'dairy' product served in a vacuum sealed plastic container!!
They do ration the chocolate treat to a single serving unlike AC which presents you the tray of goodies to pick from. This is not meant to be a greed issue, but merely the principle of being served a single chocolate, when flying in a premium class category.

There was a lot of food type debris inside the compartment that enclosed the Tray Table, which was not a pleasant sight!
This appears to me to be related to the pride of the airline's employees to the level of care and cleanliness dispensed toward the product they serve.
This cleanliness even extends to the exterior surface of the aircraft as I had the opportunity to see a Quatar aircraft on the taxiway which showed a very clean fuselage, unlike Lufthansa. I have observed similarly with the high quality of cleanliness of AC aircraft both inside and outside!

Having flown recently with Austrian Airlines, I was looking forward to my experience with Lufthansa as the parent company!!

Much to my surprise there was no provision of a 'toiletry' kit, which in my experience with AC and Austrian and other airlines, is a standard item in Business Class!!

The Lufthansa Lounge at Frankfurt airport was not as clean as I expected. It was breakfast time and the food was reasonably minimal with the standard fare of scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage.

Overall, I will try not to avoid flying #Lufthansa and avoid #Frankfurt airport as much as possible in the future.

I will review separately my flight experience on Lufthansa flight 1130 from Frankfurt to Barcelona.
It was a ghastly experience!

1  Thank runningin2010
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our flight from Barcelona was delayed which affected our connecting Air Canada Rouge flight returning to Toronto. Lufthansa were great. They offered apologies and put about 40 people affected up in a lovely hotel, paid for dinner and a breakfast and arranged transport to and from the airport. In my opinion, there is plenty of legroom, entertainment was great, food was great, beverages provided including wine and beer and good service. Only suggestion I could offer would be when one flight crew member is making an announcement, other flight crew members should perhaps curb their conversations until the announcement is complete. In row 42 it was sometimes difficult to hear what was being said over the personal conversations behind us. Otherwise, top notch. Thank you for a wonderful flight experience.

Reviewed 13 November 2018

Service and meal on the plane was not too bad. However , the in-flight entertainment was not too attractive (and the screen seemed small comparatively). I find the seat quite comfortable and the engine not too noisy -- so I could still sleep on the plane in my 10.5 hrs flight.

Date of travel: October 2018