“For the first time disappointment”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 28 September 2018

By the end of this calendar year, I will have made the round trip from Gdansk to London (via Munich or Frankfurt) seven times. In total, I have flown with Lufthansa well over a hundred times. For the first time, I was disappointed with their disabled access service - I asked for wheelchair assistance at all three airports (Gdansk, Frankurt and Heathrow) as I cannot walk far or fast and I have great difficulties with stairs when carrying luggage. The service at Gdansk and Heathrow was, as usual, excellent - Frankfurt, however, was very poor - no wheelchair waiting when the aircraft landed, so I had to walk with my luggage down the stairs from the aeroplane, across the tarmac to a waiting bus, which was obviously crowded as I was the last to be allowed to leave the cabin, and another walk from the bus to the terminal. I was also checked again by security, which meant that the flight had to wait for my arrival. Unnecessary stress in an already stressful situation. Not up to the usual standard at one of the two German airports I use most frequently. Let's hope they get back on track for my next expedition.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

This is Krupakaran a passenger traveling with one handicapped wife and an old - 84 Years - Mother, in Business class on flight no LH 465 from Orlando to Frankfurt and reached Frankfurt on 06 Sep 18, Thursday on time by 1050 Hrs local time.

As usual, in Lufthansa, there weren't wheel chairs ready for all those who require and total confusion and all old and ailing after traveling for 13 - 14 hours were left to fend for themselves.

Since I'm a patron of Lufthansa, knowing fully well, I stood patiently. First they took only my handicapped wife and made her wait outside... later wheeled her outside secured area of aircraft to close the aisle and were waiting in the boarding (???!!!) area.

The wait was for too long. More than an hour. But there was this angel M/S Celine Schbull, who always approached us and said something soothing and comforting us.

Finally we set our course and she brought another wheel chair for Mom and one more lady joined us and we wheeled down.

At every stage, M/S Celeine was so courteous and pleasant faced. At the first stop of immigration, she spoke to the Immigration officer, helped my phone to connect to Internet which was troubling a bit... and finally got us cleared

We rolled down to the next stage of Luggage collection. well we had many pieces.... One wheel chair wasn't enough. In the process of walking down the airport, I introduced myself, and did mention that my son would be waiting outside the exit.

She suggested that we could get help from him as we get out. One of my baggae was missing and I said to her that its a big carton... She immediately said, if its out of size, it'd be in the nearby place close to exiting the carousel. Yes... it was indeed there and she helped be lift it to the place where wheel chair was present.

We proceeded out, with two luggage trolleys, took the help of my son and proceeded to the place where taxi was parked on the 7th floor. The taxi was a big van with high raised seats and step there to get in which is difficult for my wife. She indeed tried to help my wife. Finally I took her on my shoulders and seated her.

I out of courtesy offered her a liberal TIP and she spontaneously with a smile declined stating that it's Okey... That's M/S Celine... Ofcourse I insisted and handed her my small token of appreciation.

But I being a human developer, I do believe that anything that's material would vanish as the material stuff itself is and believe in instilling some value that'd stand by her through her career / life and hence this mail.

I do hereby sincerely appreciate her service mindedness and helping attitude. Thanks a lot to her.

With Kind Regards,
A.Krupakaran

Board Member | iNFHRA

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Excellent customer service, spacious seats, good food, streamlined process -- all made for a very pleasurable journey. Will definitely be booking with this airline again!

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

The flight started 3.5 hours late due to an air conditioning issue. So we were very surprised to bake for 9 hours traveling to Frankfurt. We spent another hour on the tarmac waiting to take off. The food was only adequate and the seats were extremely uncomfortable. There was no comfortable way to get a nap. I would not recommend this airline to anyone only able to afford economy class.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I am flying with Lufthansa evrey year since 2003 doing +- 30,000 miles every year to various destinations!!
The Quality of EVERYTHING (THE Planes, the Service the Time tables etc..) perfect.

A Company you can rely for Service..