“Jet Blue from Santo Domingo to JFK , then International”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Several points in this review. My flight from Santo Domingo to JFK was 90 minutes late departing. Partly weather in New York and painfully slow boarding process in Santo Domingo. I was connecting to a LOT flight. Initiall,I had 2 and one half hours. The Jet Blue flight “ made” up 30 minutes to JFK. After passport control , I waited 40 minutes for my bags from the Jet Blue flight . After clearing customs , I was in Terminal 5 ,my LOT flight departed from Terminal 7. My bag could only be rechecked at the LOT counter in Terminal 7. I took Air Train from Terminal 5 to Terminal 7. This process is NOT easy. Especially with two checked bags. Easily 20 to 25 minutes. My bags were checked in at the LOT counter , with no guarantee. TSA security, in Terminal 7 (it was 10 PM) only had one lane . Wait time 30 minutes. The LOT flight to Warsaw was late leaving the gate , and I was the last to board. But, my bags did not make my destination. Take away point, give yourself at least a full 2 to 3 hours, especially if you have checked bags, in traveling through Terminal 5 on an international flight, and connecting to Terminal 7 on another International flight. My roller board with four wheels , was rather large, American Airlines broke off oneofthe wheels on my flight to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I love JetBlue in general, they never overbook, the flight attendants are humorous; when a reservation says confirmed, no need to call us (jetBlue), I believe it!

Well, our seats were all over the plane-- never happened before! On the way back to JFK, we paid for the exit row, afraid we would be all over the plane, again, if we had no seat assignments. At the desk for check-in, the bags weren't weighed and we were unable to take off!

The first announcement was that the first fifty bags would be off-loaded. Passengers were in an uproar, "I have fish in my bag!" two passengers yelled. "I have medication", said another. And other admits: sick parents, sick children, starving relatives, etc. People started going up front, where the door was still open, and commit seppuku. Then, it was announced that passengers could deplane, collect their luggage, and fly another day, except all planes were booked to capacity for the next three days. This was amid the snow storm in the Northeast. The next announcement was that we would have to land in Boston, instead of JFK and would have to come back to JFK to pick up those first fifty bags, they were not being delivered to us?? Four passengers were happy and in my hearing range, they hoped so, but thought they probably couldn't get off the plane and have to come back to JFK for luggage. ! Passengers had doctors' appointments, couldn't come back to JFK, etc. Panic! Anarchy!

After all this commotion, we were told only the heaviest of fifteen bags would be off-loaded and the weight would be re-calculated. I don't know why my favorite airline is always the poster child for "things that go wrong!" An hour later, we flew the clouds and landed at JFK about fifty-five minutes late. Not bad!!!

Now, all this could've been avoided if baggage had been weighed and savvy-slick flyers weren't allowed to check overweight carry-ons at the gate. Still my favorite airline!!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

This was my first time flying with Jet Blue and DEFINITELY not my last. From the moment I got to the airport, everything went smooth. No line at check in. A worker approached me at the self check in and assisted me (I didn't need her help but she made it quicker). Easy luggage drop off. In flight I was given a soda and chips....for FREE! Imagine that, some things are free on an airline. I was able to bring a carry on, for FREE! I will definitely look for Jet Blue next trip.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

WIFI made the flight useful, unexpectedly allowed to get work done ahead of time.
Free movies, somewhat limited choice.
Flight was late because of pilots being stuck in Logan tunnels due to care fire in tunnel but they wasted no time once pilots arrived.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Flight was delayed by 5 hours due to weather. The flight was easy and smooth. However, it took longer than usual to get baggage. We waited at the airport for an hour to get baggage, luggage was moved from one carousel to another without any notification and no one was available at the baggage area to explain why wait is taking over an hour.