“Just fine for the money”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose Iberia because I wanted a cheaper flight without compromising too much on extras. Flight was on time. Staff were friendly, polite, and helpful. Luggage made it on both legs of the journey. On the negative side, the food was mediocre and there was no in-flight entertainment. But this was what I expected, so I wasn't disappointed. The lay-overs in Madrid were pretty long. Shorter wait time would have been nice. All in all not a terrible experience. I'd fly Iberia again if the price was right.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a bad flight, not necessary because of Iberia, but they didn’t do a great job handling the situation.

Around hour 5 of my 11.5 hour flight, a man passed out on the plane. It was all very dramatic. Unsurprisingly, we landed as soon as possible at O’Hare airport in Chicago. I missed a connection because of the delay, but that is not my main gripe.

I was forced to stay the night in Barcelona. My problem is with the food I was given as compensation. It made me physically ill, as I was served a sandwich that had undoubtedly been sitting on the line all day waiting for me. The hotel was substandard. May as well have been a public toilet.

Disgusting. The next morning I started my day with fresh vomit and [poop] coffee. Thanks for the poison, Iberia. I’m glad I resisted the free beer or I may not have made it to Vigo.

Avoid food at Spanish airports. Also, my ears are still popping two weeks later with all the up and down.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I usually avoid writing bad reviews - for many reasons. In this day an age it is easy to punish people who have tried but came up short. But our experience on Iberia should be a warning to other fellow travelers who may consider their services.
We had a flight from JFK to Toulouse with the connection in Madrid. This was a start of our holiday exploring the beautiful South-Western France.
Our connection in Madrid was very short - only 1 hr and 15 min. In the retrospect I understand that they should not have sold us this ticket - the travel time between the terminals - as marked by the signs - was 28 minutes already!
No gate agent was available at the arrival to navigate us through and help us find the easiest route to our gate. Also other airlines helped their connecting customers to pass through the passport control faster - but Iberia agents were not to be found. To make long story short, we arrived at our connecting flight sweating and panting - we run the whole way - just when the plane was pushed off (no one wanted to give us 2 minutes grace either).
And then came the insult. When we got to speak to a customer service agent at the terminal, she told us that we had plenty of time to get to our gate and it was all our fault that we missed our connection. none of our explanations - or our sweaty faces - mattered. Following that she mentioned that she does not have to do anything for us as our missing the flight was due to our negligence. She gave us seats on the last flight of the day and made it look like she was doing us a great favor. The attitude was really unbelievable!
Instead of enjoying our first day of vacation in France, we spend it in Madrid airport. Mind you in US we do not have very long vacations in general. It did hurt.
The final bit of irony was that, when we arrived in Toulouse we found our bags not on a belt but in a segregated area. They flew our bags on our original flight without us being on the plane which is a violation of the aviation rules.
I doubt I will make use of Iberia's services again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The overall flight was good. Boarding in Boston was an unstructured free-for-all process. This could be much better if set up like the gates in Madrid with separate lines for each boarding group. Chose and paid extra for bulkhead seats to provide extra leg-room and avoid having a passenger in front of us from reclining into our space. Worth it on a 7-hour flight. Two meals were served during the flight. Both pretty good. I hate seeing reviews slamming airplane food when they are comparing to land-based restaurants. They are serving 350+ hot meals at 35,000 feet. These guys did an admirable job. Plenty of in-flight entertainment, including a couple dozen movies from which to choose. They also provided 1 hour of complimentary internet, which is plenty for checking emails and sending some text messages. If booking non-cancellable tickets, be sure to read the details. There is no forgiveness and the change fees are steep. We also flew two intra-Europe flights on Iberia which were also nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awful company, i would never flight with them again. I had a very upsetting experience, In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies) was broken and hanging out, flight attendees tried to fix it by taping around but it didn't work. I had just get on a 12 hours flight to Brazil on my own. Once they couldn't fix the in flight entertainment i've asked them to change my seat and they said there were no seats available but then i had a look at the business class and it was empty. I had asked them kindly to move me there as i couldn't spend 12 hours in a plane without TV but they refused and after i got stressed they treat to get the police on my arrival . they treated me like a fool and i wrote a complaint to them and they gave me 2000 miles as a compensation, can you believe it?